Your Picture of the day.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

This is a goofy little display for the public I made. From left to right is faulted 750 MCM cable. (Zoom in to see fault)New 1000 MCM cable. 600 amp rating. Next is new 1/0 cable with termination above it. AKA primary elbow. Next is failed #2 copper conductor with failed elbow. Next is failed secondary 4 way connector and below it a new one. 120/240. :D 5EF3987D-F217-4D1D-982A-D54BFDCD66FF.

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

D88DC168-BCCD-4E44-B972-8020BAB42F73. I may have already posted this pic. Such a cool place. :D

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

After my recent search for a decent shoe horn, I was surprised to find three of them in Dad's desk drawer. The steel one is from a relative's dress shop, and I suspect the smaller ones were Grandma's.

I used that slide rule in high school. :)
    _20190317_074346.JPG

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ah yes,The orange meatball as we called it,The men I worked with offshore always said that when the time comes they would return to the heliport with shotguns and blow it apart....I kid you not!

techsar, Ganado, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The lifting of the old Jeep. Way to high

20190317_174629.

20190317_174623.

Gator 45/70, Meat and Ganado like this.
  6. hot diggity

I saw a Jeep parked on the grass at an intersection on Camp Lejeune that was raised about that high. It was an older leaf spring front end (I didn't know there was any other type) and they'd mounted the axle below the springs to give it more lift. This was just down the street from the Base Auto Hobby Shop, so the work was likely done there. The resulting damage took me a moment to understand, but after getting out for a closer look it was comical. The knucklehead must have decided to see what it would do in four wheel drive, and when he ran up onto the grass at the side of the road and hit the gas the entire front end rotated with enough force to twist the steering linkage off, pull the front drive shaft out of the transfer case, and with this rotation, slam the drive shaft through the radiator. The suspension geometry was so screwy after this that the front wheels were tilted like a road grader. That Jeep was going nowhere.

It took me many years, countless hours and thousands of dollars to realize that most of the changes I made to cars and firearms were not improvements at all. I often criticize engineers for their designs. Then, after trying to improve many of them, I was forced to put things back just like they were when they left the factory. Some engineer spent a lot of time designing and testing things to ensure they'd work in the best possible fashion most of the time. Changes may enhance operation in one way, while creating a whole new problem in another. :)

Q "What can I do to improve my trucks __________ without voiding my warranty?"

A "Nothing. Leave it alone."

Zimmy, Witch Doctor 01, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Gotta love all of these trucks with "levelling kits", basically a lift kit for the front end so that you can't see where your driving, headlights blind everyone on low beam and scans for coons on high, and they want them aligned...hahahaha. Most of the time they do not have the correct lengthened control arms to allow for correct caster and camber...and some are so far out of whack that the tie rod ends are too short or too long to set the toe.
    ...but they know better than the folks that designed it... *sigh*

Oddcaliber, Zimmy, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  8. hot diggity

South Carolina is talking about making the alterations that result in what's called "The Carolina Strut" (the latest tail down, nose up suspension alteration that makes it impossible to see where you're going) illegal.

9. hot diggity

10. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Yes. The U- joints won't swing that far, and by the looks of it, the shocks will run out of travel unless blocked down. This will not be a safe daily driver, and there's no way I'd take it off level ground. There's a possible show but no go truck hiding in there somewhere.

oldawg, hot diggity, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Grandma's flowers

20190318_080247.

Zimmy, Ganado, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

My grandma had a bunch of flowers and flowering bushes like that around her house, in little beds all around. The only time I noticed them was when she told me to get out of them as we were playing and running. Until years later , after she had passed away years before , and I guess it was at that perfect time of spring when everything was in bloom , that I pulled up to the house and actually noticed how pretty and colorful everything was when in bloom. But even after all the years that had gone by since her passing and no one tending to them , they still looked great.

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I see some boys about to learn the true meaning of the old saying "lesson learned hard is a lesson learned well"

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know theres a reason I won't touch this widow maker out here all alone.....

20190318_122622.

20190318_122606.

Meat, SB21, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The boy sent this to me yesterday. It was his birthday hike. 20 now. I forget the name of this place. Old bunkers etc etc. 662CCA2F-CDF6-4ADF-88EE-A19E7DDD14B7.

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  16. hot diggity

KIMG3316.
    Our community still has a long way to go to recover from Hurricane Florence, but we haven't lost our sense of humor. :)

This shot makes me smile for another reason as well as the twisted humor. Our silly sign regulations would prohibit a new sign this size.... unless it's on wheels. You can light up a 56' trailer like a circus ride and it's perfectly okay, but if you post a new sign at your business on a pole it has to be tiny. Quite a market for old vans and box trucks due to this.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Cruisin Sloth, Meat, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The little ones have arrived

E618A2AF-93E5-48CC-B0B7-E064EBF590C9.

techsar, Zimmy, Meat and 5 others like this.
  18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I love watching them little ones hop and bounce around , it makes ya forget the ugly in the world , if not for just a little bit.

Meat, Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  19. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

These were from Uli’s Sausage Company.Seattle. Called Irish Knockers. Knockers. Lol. :D 6C264F37-C2B7-4D68-ADD0-E8BBFCFC8084.

20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

FB1642D9-02A0-4032-9EB1-14BF1A5D261E. I liked this one. Clever. Unfortunately I had to remove it. Well the pole remained but cut down just above the roofline.

Gator 45/70, Ganado and hot diggity like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7