your president wants to lock you up!!

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, May 22, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Heard this mentioned on talk radio today Obama considers requesting "preventative detention" powers.[peep] :
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/us/politics/21obama.html?_r=1
    don't believe I'll be sticking my head too far out for some mug with a badge to play"whack'a monkey"! Off to camp![peep]

<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" "> Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan </nyt_headline>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">function getSharePasskey() { return 'ex=1400644800&en=b76482af2eccf128&ei=5124';}</script> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript"> function getShareURL() { return encodeURIComponent('http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/us/politics/21obama.html'); } function getShareHeadline() { return encodeURIComponent('Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan'); } function getShareDescription() { return encodeURIComponent('The president was considering a system that would permit incarceration of terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat but cannot be tried.'); } function getShareKeywords() { return encodeURIComponent('Detainees,United States Politics and Government,Freedom and Human Rights,Terrorism,Barack Obama'); } function getShareSection() { return encodeURIComponent('us'); } function getShareSectionDisplay() { return encodeURIComponent('U.S. / Politics'); } function getShareSubSection() { return encodeURIComponent('politics'); } function getShareByline() { return encodeURIComponent('By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG'); } function getSharePubdate() { return encodeURIComponent('May 21, 2009'); } </script> <nyt_reprints_form> <script language="javascript"> <!-- function submitCCCForm(){ PopUp = window.open('', '_Icon','location=no,toolbar=no,status=no,width=650,height=550,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes'); this.document.cccform.submit(); } // --> </script> <form name="cccform" action="https://s100.copyright.com/CommonApp/LoadingApplication.jsp" target="_Icon"><input name="Title" value="Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan" type="hidden"><input name="Author" value="By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG" type="hidden"><input name="ContentID" value="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/us/politics/21obama.html" type="hidden"><input name="FormatType" value="default" type="hidden"><input name="PublicationDate" value="MAY 21 2009" type="hidden"><input name="PublisherName" value="The New York Times" type="hidden"><input name="Publication" value="nytimes.com" type="hidden"><input name="wordCount" value="689" type="hidden"></form> </nyt_reprints_form>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">writePost();</script> [​IMG][​IMG]

<nyt_byline version="1.0" type=" "> By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
    </nyt_byline> Published: May 20, 2009
    WASHINGTON — President Obama told human rights advocates at the White House on Wednesday that he was mulling the need for a “preventive detention” system that would establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried, two participants in the private session said.
    -more-
    Funny(not) these articles never mention using this crap on us citizens????? Its always guantanamo terrorists...Of course it could never happen here!..:D

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Re: yourpresident wants to lock you up!!

He isn't my President - I consider him an illegal alien usurping the office of POTUS. SO, all in his cabinet are appointed illegally, and all laws he has signed are null and void. His entire Immaculate Selection is based on lies, perjury and treason.

Yeah, his cronies in the Chicagoland Mafia can try to lock me away - then they find out what a Rightwing Extremist can really do.......
    We really don't want to go there, do we barry? [shtf]
    And there are MILLIONS just like me........ [gun] . . . . . :D

3. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Good luck with that.

4. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I encourage more states to invoke their 9 th and 10 th amendment rights to keep them out of normal Americans lives. They are the Extremists, we are armed citizens. They keep up the "double speak" to try and turn it around on the real patriots.
    I don't recognize them either and 100 million gun owners agree. We really need Gene McCarty! They are spewing out pure evil up there on the Hill.
    Fit me for a box, not a chain.
    There has never been an occasion where a people have given up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end up in thier massacre. Louis L'Amour

5. ironmike

ironmike Monkey++

The "thought police" strikes again.

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

As time goes on, and this misadministration bounces the Ship of State from one iceberg to another, I am seeing less and less difference between The Kenyan and his buddy Hugo Chavez - same tactics, same ideas of ruling rather than governing, same catastrophic decisions.
    With the bad performance of his First Hundred Daze, can we survive four years of this narcissistic madman? [dunno]

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Somewhat sardonically, I say, "Yes, we can." This may be done with massive uprising of the electorate, or by actions originating outside the borders. Either way, society, global and local, as we know it is about to undergo massive reset. That will happen whether or not zero is displaced, either with or without his presence.

I can't even begin to list all the contributions to forcing of the reset that I predict; most are pretty obvious and closely related to the economy, past and present. "Yes, we can" get thru the reset, but it will not be collectively accomplished, except in very small groups or "tribes." More likely, the individual will do the preps he needs to be able to function until the interregnum is over, then join with others that have made it thru to establish a startup society from the remnants of the collapse.
    And so, we prepare. And so, the cycle renews.

And I hope my pessimistic view is dead wrong, or my kids and granddaughter are going to go thru hell^nth. They are ill equipped across the board and ill inclined to do anything positive for themselves.

Gentlemen, start your gardens.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7