You're buildings it wrong. Nails and screws

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by oil pan 4, Nov 13, 2021.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've got some porter cable stuff,, had it for 5-6 years , and haven't had that problem,, still seems to be almost as good as new . And they're well used . I guess it could happen to any of them tho.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Like the son was saying the other day, Couple years ago framers were getting about 10K per house.
    Today that's a 40K bill for the same square footage house.

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yes sir ,, I'd be framing houses today if I wasn't so damned old ,, years ago I was framing track homes for 2.25 a foot,,,and making money ,,,, these guys today are getting 5 bucks up ,, the one I'm about to build the framers gonna get 9 bucks a foot ,, not counting the decks .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. tracygaug

tracygaug Monkey

I had the same problem, but the battery at the time had lasted more than three years. I can't even count how many screws I prefer to get through the scrooz.com.au platform I've used in that time. Most likely, your batteries were just remanufactured, not new. Unfortunately, this happens sometimes. All questions should be directed to the equipment manufacturer. It is now very convenient to do construction with so much different equipment. I have favored one manufacturer for years and will not change it until it has disappointed me.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  5. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

try beating in a 5" nail through a truss inyo an 8x8. talk bout a workout.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7