Zaycon Foods

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by TnAndy, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

This could be financial, or food, but whatever.

You ever heard of, or used, Zaycon food distributors ? You order online, meet the truck at a designated location, offload, and both of you are gone shortly. They carry beef/pork/chicken/seafood. We're gonna try the shrimp....description looks good, price is right at 7.99/lb (compared to local prices here) +20% coupon thru end of March.

Wild Argentine Red Shrimp - Zaycon Fresh

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Never heard of 'em, but the way things are going these days, meeting them at the police station might be a good idea ;)
    The prices are about average for this area and they show a few deliveries in the next month or so...might see what the have. I do have to wonder where they get their inventory from and exactly how fresh it is, though.

Appreciate the heads-up @TnAndy

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  3. TnAndy

Someone on another forum told me they carry wild sockeye salmon sometimes....that and the shrimp is about all I'd be interested in....we raise everything else they sell, plus catfish in our ponds.

Seepalaces, Motomom34 and techsar like this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I have been buying from them for several years, bacon, 93/7 hamburger meat and chicken breast. I can a lot of it. The chicken and hamburger have never been frozen, bacon comes that way. Usually 40 pound boxes on everything. A+ in my book. Never been disappointed in quality or price.

Seepalaces, Motomom34, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks @T. Riley for letting us know that it is good quality meat.

Cruisin Sloth and Seepalaces like this.
  6. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

Chicken breasts were an okay deal. Bacon was only so so quality wise. Breaking it all down and repackaging it into useable portions was a PITA. Costco or Sam's might be less trouble for about the same $.

whynot

7. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

I have never heard of them. Are they nationwide?

Seepalaces likes this.
  8. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

One of my rabbit breeder friends over in Arizona loves Zaycon and places regular orders with them. I am debating ordering some chicken breasts through it but not keen on the 8-8:30 am pickup located an hour away from me.

Seepalaces and techsar like this.
  9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Ah heck...you're up at 430 am to milk the chickens anyhow...why not?

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sorta. If you go to their website and plug in your zip, you'll get an idea. (None in my AO, did not look further.)

Seepalaces likes this.
  11. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I've used them a few times, but when you compare prices be sure and add in the cost of ziploc bags or whatever you intend to store it in. When I did the math, I found my local butcher to be almost exactly the same cost for hamburger and it saved me the time of packaging. Also, the chicken is great quality and good price, but I'm not sure how to tally all the stuff I tossed when I put it into useful portions for us.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

13. TnAndy

Coupon code BL20 gets you 20% off everything til end of March.

14. TnAndy

I take it you bought whole chicken ? Besides bones, what did you toss ? Once our chicken is gutted, everything but the bones gets used here.

15. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I bought the boneless chicken breasts. They come uncut and I cut them into useful fillets for us and tossed the connective stuff in the middle. I don't like it in my canned chicken, it's tough and tasteless.

1. jefferson
  2. duane
  3. Hillbilly549
  4. Motomom34
  5. Thunder5Ranch
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. VHestin
  8. DKR
  9. Mac Bolan
  10. ColtCarbine
  11. Meat
  12. Ganado