Zinc Deficeny>What is zinc and what does it do?

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by HK_User, Dec 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Office of Dietary Supplements - Zinc
    Zinc is another part of the triad of immune protection for a health body in a compromised world of CCP immunity.

HK> I have experienced complaints from Vets as to why the daily dose of a vitamin supplement provided by the VA does not cover the needs of CCP Virus protection. It is a simple fact that you would end up with a compromised pill in size and as well as a problem with the interaction of the components. Just time to take what is proven for your health.

or information on zinc and COVID-19, see Dietary Supplements in the Time of COVID-19.
    What is zinc and what does it do?

Zinc is a nutrient that people need to stay healthy. Zinc is found in cells throughout the body. It helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses. The body also needs zinc to make proteins and DNA, the genetic material in all cells. During pregnancy, infancy, and childhood, the body needs zinc to grow and develop properly. Zinc also helps wounds heal and is important for proper senses of taste and smell.

How much zinc do I need?
    The amount of zinc you need each day depends on your age. Average daily recommended amounts for different ages are listed below in milligrams (mg):

Life Stage Recommended Amount
    Birth to 6 months 2 mg
    Infants 7–12 months 3 mg
    Children 1–3 years 3 mg
    Children 4–8 years 5 mg
    Children 9–13 years 8 mg
    Teens 14–18 years (boys) 11 mg
    Teens 14–18 years (girls) 9 mg
    Adults (men) 11 mg
    Adults (women) 8 mg
    Pregnant teens 12 mg
    Pregnant women 11 mg
    Breastfeeding teens 13 mg
    Breastfeeding women 12 mg

2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I get 11 mg in my multi-vitamin tablet each morning...and 50 mg in a Zinc supplement each night. Zinc absorption is difficult for your body (remember it's a mineral) so always try to get your zinc in chelated form (most of the better supplements are), or just take Ivermectin with you zinc and kill two birds with one stone.(y)

HK_User likes this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

notice... saw something about too much zinc... but IIRC the person was taking massive amounts daily and his body kinda froze up or some such...

I take a combo magnesium zinc tab about once a day...

HK_User likes this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Stomach irritation and vomiting have occurred at doses of 2000 mg per day. However the chelated form of zinc taken in reasonable amounts in non-toxic.

HK_User likes this.
  5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I just lick my favorite galvanized trash can. :D

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Cold Eze uses zinc for colds . I have been using it for years.

HK_User likes this.
  7. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I take 25mg of zinc picolinate every day because it is easier for your body to absorb it. The human body has a lot of trouble getting into your cells so the best way to do that is to supplement 500mg of Quercetin every day with it.

It is pretty hard to find stuff made in America and not flooded with Chinese poisons but Natural-Sourced Multivitamins, Minerals & Skincare | Country Life Vitamins is one of them. I'm not affiliated with them.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

At the start of Covid someone recommended that I take a specific Zinc supplement because it had special properties to attach and absorb without the normal zinc nausea. I cannot recall all the science why but I take them a few times a week, not daily unless I am feeling ill.

Expensive but it helps manage a healthy cytokines which is something that that keeps getting mentioned in battling Covid.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017U1FME/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Zinc is most important one for our body health, at the same time many of them are nowadays consuming zinc tablets for better body health condition. But lots of natural food contains rich amount of zinc. So better to take fresh natural food items will surely providing zinc to the body.

1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. Ganado
  17. Ganado
  18. hot diggity
  19. Ganado
  20. hot diggity