1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Zojirushi bottle

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I could have sworn I did a review on this before, but couldn't find it.

Anyway, it is a great thermal bottle. Been using mine for a year or two now. Liquids stay hot or cold for a long time. In my original review, I actually timed it to about 24 hours, if I recall. Ice cubes remained in there even with periodic opening and closing of the bottle to check and take a sip.

Same with hot liquids. Still hot the next day.

I have two different types. The sippy type and the decanter type with a cap that works as a cup. Unless you only intend to drink cold liquids, do not get the sippy style. You will burn your mouth. I like to decant into the cap so I can sip from there. Much better.

What brought this on was that we didn't drink all of our coffee this morning. That is a rare thing. But we were in a little of a hurry to get the monkeys fed and the big one dropped off at the mall.

So the leftover coffee, about half a bottle, went in to the Zojirushi bottle. It is a stainless vacuum bottle. When I had the coffee six hours later, it was the same temperature, according to my mouth, as when I poured it in.

Marck, Gopherman, Dunerunner and 5 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    Hanzo likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7