zombies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sasquatch91, Sep 25, 2012.

1. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

just wondering if anyone is buying into the zombie craze? its fun to think about but i dont ever see it happening.

2. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

The zombie craze I buy into is a metaphor for SHTF.

Alpha Dog, Yard Dart, Brokor and 4 others like this.
  3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

+1

4. munchy

munchy Monkey+++

Since I was twelve.

5. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

There are times, when I'm watching people in a shopping mall or Wally World, that I wonder how long it would take for me to realize that the zombies had hit. Many of those wandering through the mall with vacant expressions on their faces already look halfway to zombie land. I agree with Mechwolf, that it makes a convenient metaphor.

As far as the Hollywood version goes, it's Hollywood. Tramahawk posted some pretty scary information about some diseases that could get close to the Hollywood version; airborne rabies for example. We may not see the full Hollywood version, but some of the diseases out there could produce many of the same results.

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Not zombies in the classic sense........but, actually, something quite worse. You know your enemy with zombies, but........

A month or two into a SHTF situation and people are hungry/starving/desperate.....you don't know who is friend or foe. Zombies would be easier. After SHTF, to err on the side of safety for your family means that you might have a lethal confrontation with someone who is quite zombie-like, desperate, willing to do anything to get some food. We all know the evil that people can do.

At least for me, logic will have to rule over emotion and there can be no hesitation in any decisions. Have a set of rules and stick to them.

7. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I always thought "Zombies" was a metaphor. Sorta like "sheeple" is. For the ravening hordes that'll be coming Post TSHTF!

Alpha Dog and NOWHITEFLAG like this.
  8. robin48

robin48 Monkey+

Very well said my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

NOWHITEFLAG likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Zombies you say?
    I sure do!
    Ever see the crazy stuff that happens at malls across Amerika the day after Thanksgiving?
    Brain dead mutants, swarming for a pitiful few items that MSM say are the 'items' to have this year?

Me, I order gifts via Amazon and have them delivered to the house. I avoid the zombie hoard.!

Alpha Dog and tulianr like this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Seems it's another BUZZ word , carp !!!!

Seen In Kent WA ??

Just More Bling and Stupid -WORD- ..

Sloth

11. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

'Zombie Bees' Turn Up in Washington State

Maybe the only positive thing in this story from the Seattle Times is that the name "zombie bees" is sure to draw attention to the problem. A local beekeeper has found Washington state's first documented case of the "zombie bees," which refers to a deadly parasite infecting the insects. It causes them to fly erratically at night, often around lights, before dying. The infections are widespread in western California since being discovered there in 2008, and lesser cases have been reported in Oregon and South Dakota. (Only one in the latter.) "I joke with my kids that the zombie apocalypse is starting at my house," the beekeeper tells the newspaper. The problem is a parasitic fly that that lays its eggs inside the bee. It remains unclear what, if any, role the parasite is playing in the decline of bee colonies nationwide, but this website has been set up to track cases and provide information.

12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

1. REAL ZOMBIES ARE NOT REAL.
    2. IF YOU ARE CONFUSED BY THE FIRST POINT, REFER TO POINT #3.

Francis_You_full.

13. NOWHITEFLAG

NOWHITEFLAG Live Free or Die Trying

I too use the term Zombie as a metaphor. A Zombie to me is someone who refuses to prepare to take care of themselves despite the evidence that is before them on a daily basis.And when/if the
    economy collapses and there is wide spread famine and another World War, they will be just like the "Living dead"

Silversnake and oldawg like this.
  14. VisuTrac

15. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

They exist to get some of my few FRNs. It works too.

Brokor and VisuTrac like this.
  16. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Zom bees? I prefer boo bees.

76885_10151452589302519_183471927_n.
    76885_10151452589302519_183471927_n.

Mechwolf, Brokor and VisuTrac like this.
  17. Brokor

That was brilliant.

18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The meaning of "zombie" has changed from the original flavor on the gun/weapons forums. The original labeled by implication a variety of JBT/criminal/gang bangers/looters/etc types that a person/family would need to defend themselves against. As always whether real. potential or imagined is still open for debate. ;)
    It rapidly changed into a good natured statement where it is now. A joking way of letting others know you enjoy shooting. Saying zombie protection and gives us a lighthearted way of discussing a variety of defensive postures in a shtf world.. ;)

19. Brokor

Oh sure, you say that now...just wait until you run into a face eating hobo zombie FOR REAL!

Zombies_5_Cover_by_SavageZombie.

20. VisuTrac

I know I prefer the Boo Bees.

CATO likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7