Alaskachick doing her thing... Yesterday...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by BTPost, Jan 26, 2012.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Alaskachick doing her thing... Yesterday...
    Momma1. Momma2.

2. Marco Montana

Marco Montana Monkey+

Hahahah thats awesome!

3. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

OUTSTANDING !!!
    Don't ya just love a woman that can do it all !!!

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yes, I do.... and Thank the Maker, everyday.... that I was fortunate to attract such a fine woman......

hank2222 and Cephus like this.
  5. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Does she cut firewood and split and stack it also ? If so, she must be a keeper

6. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

You want me to ship ya'll a #10 can of DAYLIGHT ( dehydrated, of course, to save shipping ). ??

Falcon15 likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The least you could do is buy her a grader with a little less rust on it.

8. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

[fnny]

Were you drinking a beer or cocktail, while she worked. Just poking fun at ya.

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Looks like you "snagged" a gud un BT. That gal is super. My wife has trouble driving an auto car on dry ground.

10. enough

enough Monkey++

Is she clearing your runway? Give the girl a break, get a ski plane! ;)

11. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

Thank you all

Thanks for the support....everyone :) After so much work on that *&$#@ road grader, just getting it started is the biggest pain in the butt! Clearing the snow seems like gravy ;) Its a 1942 Austin Western, gas/diesel engine. You start it.........or try to......on gas........... warm it up...and then switch to diesel, the same engine...no glow plugs on this baby. Chuck our pilot friend came over to help fix a problem on it yesterday, said I had done a fine job on the road. Then we cleared the few inches that had fallen in prep. for getting a wheeled plane in here today, with some visitors and mail. Well......overnight we got about 4 inches more! and sooooooo the saga continues. I may have to go ahead and replace the coil and plugs on the gas side before I think about starting it again. The points, rotor, and cap got replaced a few weeks ago because we had the parts here. But what we really need are the new coil and plugs on the grader instead of in the box.....it is kind of "jury-rigged" right now. Using a propane torch, a blow dryer, and ether are sooooo much more interesting though. [batteye]

Tracy, Cephus, hank2222 and 1 other person like this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The grader seems perfectly serviceable

A little rust gives it character, and it sends the message "I may not look pretty, but damnit...I'm tough, and nothing's going to stop me from doing my job!".

A lick of paint and it will look store bought. ; )

Having watched the film "Cider House Rules", your remarks and emote are apt. A source of ignition and ether can be a very "illuminating" experience...hope the grader has a good extinguisher and fire blanket.
    : O

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7