Threat Coming To The Door- What Do You Take

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You have 20 minutes till a full squad of .gov get's to your door- post SHTF- what five things do you grab on your way out to a safe area for temporary BO till they pass?

Edit: (Scenario- Post SHTF): You have received a radio call from an associate in your community advising you that the .gov squad is doing house to house searches, 20 minutes out estimated, heading your general way to find hold-outs from mandatory relocation to camps- for your "safety". You have not been specifically targeted as a HVT, but they do have intelligence that there are people in the AO who have violated the relocation orders. They may stay in your AO as it is later in the day, so you need to anticipate at least overnight, but possible three days of BO, till they have moved out of the area. You can not leave by vehicle as most primary road ways are being monitored with checkpoints or roving patrols.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Suitable clothing
    Defensive rifle and a couple er three mags (Handgun optional 6th item)
    First aid kit
    Water
    Snack or food bar
    Comms device of some kind is almost mandatory, but would not leave any of the first 5 or 6 to allow for that.

This assumes "temporary" is indeed short, as in hours, not days, and that they are known to be passing, not stopping off. (But if known to be passing, why leave?) I guess I would hope for better intel and indications that something was going down.

Since you postulate this is post mess, I'd be heading to where the longer term BOB is cached if the squad stops off rather than going past.

3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

That's not too hard... Take the things they don't want us to have and the things they typically use when trying to build a case against someone.
    1. Guns, mags and ammo
    2. Computer files-- hardrives, jump drives and discs, photos, etc.
    3. All financial records
    4. Things they might claim were instruments in a terrorist plot -- body armor, gas masks, helmets, maps, GPS, comms, camo gear, etc.
    5. Things survival related -- food stores, water filters, etc.

It's probably not a bug out for long, they'll come in, trash the place looking for things and split leaving the doors wide open for the thieves. It's happened that way time and time again. Clothes, furniture, kitchen wares, etc. that can not possibly be construed as criminal or terrorist related will be left behind by them.

AT

4. Yard Dart

Proper BOB would cover clothing, first aid and short stay food rations hopefully which I would call one item out the door.
    Temp would be up to three days in case they lay over.

5. Yard Dart

Consider the weight of all those items you listed and maybe a cache off site that would compromise a resupply for certain items. Grabbing jump drives and such is a good reminder of tech info to remove.

6. probie

probie Monkey

1. firearm
    2. food 5 days supply
    3. med kit
    4. coms
    5. rope

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You setup the ambush, just outside your front door, and a crossfire from both flanks... And take out the Officers first, working your way down to the privates. They will NOT be expecting such an ambush as they think you are a SHEEPLE, and NOT the SheepDog. This will work for the first Squad, but not likely for any further attempts. You certainly will have more time to Bug Out, before they figure out that the Squad isn't coming back, and plan the next assault, with more troops, and firepower.

8. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

12 hour pack
    Rifle
    Web belt
    Field Jacket
    Canoe

Since I'd only be going across the river for the 3-4 hours and a ways downriver if that time was going to go longer and require a regroup and reequip I had to include the jacket and canoe to get to 5

This is all assuming I am alone for some reason...:D

9. Beano

Beano Monkey

BOB

FLC

The five-gallon bucket labeled "OH SH*T!"

12-pack of BL (a beer or two helps me think)

Patrol carbine

....based on the food, water and shelter in this list, I can live heartily for one week or survive for three.

Good post!

Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  10. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I assume leaving on foot. BOB, NVGs, AR10 with scope, suppressed G19. Let the chickens and rabbits loose. The dogs and others would have to remain secured or they will follow me and attract bad guys. Flip the 200 amp main breaker to the property and pull it out of the panel. Lock the doors and windows on the way out. That's about it. Move to high ground and look out for drones.

EDIT: And turn off the valve for the propane. And do not take your cell phone. Take the battery out and hide it.

Moatengator, Beano and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

It would be good to know if they are just patrolling, or if you have been targeted as a High Value Target (HVT). If you have been targeted, you probably shouldn't come back. They will probably not burn your place down. Rather, they WILL leave hidden detection devices in place to know when you come back. Even if you find them, they will get the signal they have been messed with.

tulianr likes this.
  12. Yard Dart

(Scenario- Post SHTF): You have received a radio call from an associate in your community advising you that the .gov squad is doing house to house searches, 20 minutes out estimated, heading your general way to find hold-outs from mandatory relocation to camps- for your "safety". You have not been specifically targeted as a HVT, but they do have intelligence that there are people in the AO who have violated the relocation orders. They may stay in your AO as it is later in the day, so you need to anticipate at least overnight, but possible three days of BO, till they have moved out of the area. You can not leave by vehicle as most primary road ways are being monitored with checkpoints or roving patrols.

13. Yard Dart

Though I totally agree with your ambush philosphy in general, the refined scenario suggest you should evade vs calling attention to your location, as it is your BI or BOL and you prefer not to do a permanent dislocation from the AO unless neccesary.

14. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Okay, same as above, then.

15. BTPost

I was speaking for "Me" at my location, which is very different from 99% of the rest of you. Who ever THEY are, they MUST come by Boat or Aircraft. I will get AT LEAST a 15 minute window, to decide, on a course of action. I will also have known, that THEY are doing these things, around the area, from the MSM, or other Information Sources, well ahead of time. If THEY come by Boat, then they are vulnerable out at 1000Yds, from my AR-10, being fired from cover just inside the wooded shoreline. If THEY come by plane, then they are vulnerable, when trying to LAND, on our "Road that Airplanes Land On" or if by Float Plane, the same as a boat. If THEY choose to use a Chopper, they better hope that the Plexiglass in front of the Pilot is Projectile Proof, or they are in serious trouble, inside 1000 Yds. THEY wuld be much better off to fly an Armed Drone, at 30K AGL and use a HellFire. That would Not cost them any bodies, and only a cool Million bucks. Of course, THEY would still need to know I was actually HOME, and not down at the Beach Cabin, and the Drone would need to be running a Aircraft Transponder, which I would know about the second it was above the Radio Horizon..... ..... YMMV....

STANGF150, Silversnake and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I would also leave a note "To Whom It May Concern" on the door stating that I have left due to mandatory evacuations and give the name and address of a family member well outside the evacuation zone. I would date it for the earliest time I could. Leaving animals locked up like dogs, goats, etc may not be feasible. If I had to put down animals I decided I couldn't either take, let run loose or leave locked up, I would do it in the neighbors property if possible and remove the collars, because a fresh kill of household pets in my yard when I said in my note I left 3 days ago would raise suspicion. If they could graze on a fenced property like goats or cattle, letting them graze makes sense. The chickens and rabbits could fend for themselves and be rounded up later.

Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  17. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

@BTPost To me, you seem so far out of the mainstream, I doubt they would come for you unless you were transmitting Radio Free Republic (or whatever you choose to call it)

18. BTPost

I will be transmitting HF Transmissions, in support of MonkeyNet. So it is a possibility that they could get interested, in my location. Just one of the choices, that I choose to make.

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

By the time 'They' decide to come here, Those that remain on the outside of the camps will full know what their intentions are. Every day that passes those that haven't evacuated have time to study OpFor tactics and prepare.

Relocation to a camp will not be an option.

'They' will be coming down a one way in-out road. Swamp will have swallowed the other direction long before they get here.

Only fools would dare enter the dark woods w/o a viable exit plan.

It will be a game of attrition. One that no one really wants to play.

20. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"To whom it may concern, when you opened the door, without the proper key, you broke a 13 second timer circuit, 4,3,2,......"

Heh,Heh,Heh.:D ( real or not, I bet they would break a few land speed records while trying to get out the door.)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7