Who's Tracking You on web sites?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Quigley_Sharps, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Behind the scenes, here is who I found tracking pages on I visit :

Amazon Associates
    DoubleClick
    eXelate
    Google Analytics
    New Relic
    OpenX
    QuantCast
    ScroreCard Research Beacon
    VigLink
    Live Ramp

"Ghostery" Add-on . Just like the popup blockers, this one stops page info from being transmitted back to the mother ships.
    BTW, what is nice about this is that it supports multiple browsers. I actually use 3 different browsers for different reasons (Safari, Chrome and Firefox) and they have plugins for all 3.
    I have found all web sites now load much faster.

Mountainman and Brokor like this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Just installed Ghostery and there were 780 racking beaons on my laptop. After checking ALL the boxes, I can't believe how much faster my websites are opening.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Was talking with a bud this morning about surveillance and privacy--consensus is that there is no such animal.

Stealth Camper likes this.
  4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Dang! You woulda thought I'd heard all those footsteps stalking me! Probably blocked some I need but it can be adjusted case by case.

5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yeah but it still feels good to have a small illusion of privacy.

ColtCarbine and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

That is what it is OD. If you are a Bible believing conservative gun owning vet (or any of these) then you are marked as a potential domestic terrorist by the very country that you defended/love.

oldawg likes this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The latest Comodo antivirus also comes with "Privdog", and it blocks a ton of little nasties, too.

Screen pic:

privdog.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

It will never be ok for anyone to track me. I reserve my right to be secure in all aspects of my life. FTM

9. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

If someone is talking about the newest whiz bang way to keep Big Bro' out of his stuff, it's already too late or will be soon enough IMHO.

(adjusting tin foil) Why do you think the gov invest so much into the webs infrastructure. If they can do cyber-warfare with the rest of the world and usually win on their turf, what do you think they can they do domestically on their own where they control the game?

There is only one possible way to keep the dog from sniffing your back end and there's been enough talk on the internet about that already.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7