“Wastebook 2015: The Farce Awakens.”

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by john316, Dec 10, 2015.

1. john316

john316 Monkey+++

CAGW Praises Sen. Flake’s New “Wastebook”
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

For Immediate Release Contact: Curtis Kalin 202-467-5318
    December 8, 2015
    (Washington, D.C.) – Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) today applauded Sen. Jeff Flake’s (R-Ariz.) new report, “Wastebook 2015: The Farce Awakens.”

The report details more than 100 examples from the dark side of government spending, such as the Pentagon paying sports leagues millions to honor America’s servicemen and women, a $1 million National Institutes of Health study involving monkeys in hamster balls riding on treadmills, $104.4 million from Housing and Urban Development to subsidize low-income public housing for over-income families, $210,000 Department of Agriculture subsidy for solar powered beer, and a $1.3 million National Science Foundation study of how beer koozies keep those beverages cold.

CAGW President Tom Schatz said, “With the national debt hurdling towards $19 trillion, it is long past time that wasteful government spending be banished to a galaxy far, far away. Sen. Flake’s report has successfully built on the legacy of his predecessor, Sen. Tom Coburn, who worked for years to bring Washington’s galactically reckless spending habits to public light. Sen. Flake should be congratulated for following in Sen. Coburn’s footsteps so that taxpayers can destroy the Death Star that is wasteful spending.”

Citizens Against Government Waste is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, fraud, mismanagement and abuse in government.

2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

There's much low hanging fruit when it comes to reducing government spending. No one seems to have the intestinal fortitude to actually do it.

Georgia_Boy and john316 like this.
  3. Bigfoot1986

Bigfoot1986 Monkey

I work on a navy base as a part of facilities for the base and boy do i see more waste than i have ever seen. Its almost stupid how much they waste

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7