12 bad strategies that will get preppers killed. And my thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Thunder5Ranch, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

PS I ain't going to shoot anyone over internet banter :)

2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'm takin the 5th. :whistle:

Trouble, Tully Mars and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  3. Mel Tappen suggested relocating to a small town with few wackos and crazies. And in his words "maybe no more than the number of rounds in a 1911 magazine." .

jim2 likes this.
  4. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

I believe that yes some of those are very bad ideas UNLESS you have the skill set and are in the right location as far as the wilderness goes

Trouble likes this.
  5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Chicken

6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I know a few "Preppers" in my area that are part of the American Preppers Network. I met them through my neighbor who started out that way. The ones I met do #1 through #12 and are so far off the charts to be considered something other than a prepper. Hollywood dreamers maybe.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hey I saw that movie, it was called "the postman".

8. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

That was working for me until the invasion started. Town has doubled and all from Kali and East Coast.:(

Tully Mars likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I did a post on here why I agree with most of those. I must not have hit "post reply".
    1 yeah that's everyone's plan.
    During the government created great depression game animals were almost hunted to extinction and the population was about 1/3 of what it is now.
    2 read "into the wild".
    3 is pretty much "I don't have a plan".
    4 works until the first time you get slightly injured.
    5 Will work. For a week or 2 if you're lucky.
    6 Is "I'm going to do x, y and z after shtf" even never doing x, y and z. Yeah if you're super lucky it might work for a few months but probably not.
    7 Never attempting agricultural until shtf kicks off? You gonna die.
    8 Is like those people who move to Alaska and have 1 cord of fire wood cut for their first winter.
    9 will work short term, very short term.
    10 See 5.
    12 Is only necessary through the initial die off.

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

This is not PC but many many years ago on the game show Hollywood squares The question was which tastes better white or black people ---The answer was black people. Now I don't know how they determined this. Chimo you might consider this before you eat neighbor.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I figure as long as I can keep my chickens fed and watered and garden going they reproduce just fine I'll have plenty of meat.
    my greater concern is security being alone.

Tully Mars likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7