28 Rules for Fathers of Sons

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Bear, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I'm not a Father of a Son... yet :0)... but I have a Daughter and wouldn't give her up for anything in this world or the next or even the one after that....

But I think this is more about being a Dad... and that is an important subject for all of us Dads and even Moms... IMHO...

I can remember my Daddy doing most of these with me ... maybe not in the exact same way... but close enough...

It's a good reminder and a good read... Not just being a Father or a Mother... but being a great Dad and or a great Mom is most important thing we do and will ever do in our lives... again... IMHO

Thought I would share this for all you Great Daddy's and Mommy's out there....

Bear

28 Rules for Fathers of Sons

chelloveck, melbo, fmhuff and 7 others like this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Nice post Bear. I am raising a son, after 3 daughters, and it is quite a different ballgame!

Bear likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Great rules to follow!!!

Bear likes this.
  4. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

I too have a daughter but no boys, and I would say that most of those things apply to those of us with baby girls as well.

I always have to laugh when someone tells me I'm doing a good job of being a dad. How can anything that much fun, be considered anything like work? [dunno]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    Bear likes this.
  5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Reared three boys/one tomboy. She could out climb/out run/and our yell any of them--lol. Thanks for the list.

JABECmfg, Bear and BTPost like this.
  6. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Nice. It's all about manning up. Especially in front of your son.

Bear likes this.
  7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Good stuff, right there.
    Lead by example

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Your son will be your reflection.

GrayGhost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7