28 Rules for Fathers of Sons

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Bear, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I'm not a Father of a Son... yet :0)... but I have a Daughter and wouldn't give her up for anything in this world or the next or even the one after that....

But I think this is more about being a Dad... and that is an important subject for all of us Dads and even Moms... IMHO...

I can remember my Daddy doing most of these with me ... maybe not in the exact same way... but close enough...

It's a good reminder and a good read... Not just being a Father or a Mother... but being a great Dad and or a great Mom is most important thing we do and will ever do in our lives... again... IMHO

Thought I would share this for all you Great Daddy's and Mommy's out there....

Bear

28 Rules for Fathers of Sons

chelloveck, melbo, fmhuff and 7 others like this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Nice post Bear. I am raising a son, after 3 daughters, and it is quite a different ballgame!

Bear likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

Great rules to follow!!!

Bear likes this.
  4. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless Site Supporter

I too have a daughter but no boys, and I would say that most of those things apply to those of us with baby girls as well.

I always have to laugh when someone tells me I'm doing a good job of being a dad. How can anything that much fun, be considered anything like work? [dunno]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    Bear likes this.
  5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Reared three boys/one tomboy. She could out climb/out run/and our yell any of them--lol. Thanks for the list.

JABECmfg, Bear and BTPost like this.
  6. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Nice. It's all about manning up. Especially in front of your son.

Bear likes this.
  7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey

Good stuff, right there.
    Lead by example

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Your son will be your reflection.

GrayGhost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7