2nd Amendment Rights, - not if you use a PO Box

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by azrancher, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Lol AZrancher. What is even dumber about 'no POB' .... to get a POB you have to give a physical address now. Who does this over proving who you are make sense too? D.A's. And I don't mean district attorney

2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

No it's because it's racist...

Yeah when I got this last PO Box, I probably gave them my previous PO Box, but not my current address because I didn't ever have a street number at that time....

Who knows, it's really silly.

Rancher

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Power ain't racist. They all turn a crispy black when they try to steal copper buss bars.

Tully Mars, Yard Dart and oldawg like this.
  4. scpn

scpn Monkey+++

Strange that y'all are saying to open a bank account to get a DL. I first had to update my DL with new address to open a bank account which the bank blamed on Patriot Act.

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Too many F'KIN' laws. You can do a thing without running into one, and one contradicts the other to the point that you can't be legit if you tried.

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

That is their goal... to make us all outlaws.... therefore they can lock us up any time they choose to do so..... ehh?!

Ganado, Georgia_Boy and Tully Mars like this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I have bought a few guns at a couple different Wally's in my town, and they either walk the gun to my vehicle or once they just got me out of the store, then let me carry it to my vehicle. Local policy has been to NOT sell the ammo with the gun - to prevent just what that fool in the video did I suppose. I did have one young female store clerk once offer me the ammo with the rifle when I bought it, but I declined, as I knew it could get her fired for breaking the store's rule. In one store I was buying ammo and their sporting goods POS machine was down, so the clerk walks the ammo to the POS terminal up front. Not a problem, if he wants to carry my stuff, I let him. Being older has it's perks! :D
    But I have not bought a gun or ammo from a Wally's in ages. I handload all I shoot now except rimfire. And that I have been having to order online anyhoo. :cautious:

Marck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Post offices have a physical address, so list your address as the post office address apt whatever your po box number is problem solved.

Marck, Yard Dart, Dont and 1 other person like this.
  9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

As a long haul driver I used the P.O. box number as Texas DPS recognized it as a legitimate address. Not so most other states. So I begin using fedorthedogs way. No more problems.

10. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

That is a super good idea, when my DL expires in 2021, I'll do that, then when the Feds come to repossess my firearm ... they'll get the firearms are not allowed in the building because we might turn postal and shoot all our irate customers....

Rancher

oldawg likes this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

a good idea but I think only texas florida and South Dakota allow non-redisent or mobil residential addresses. Its called Domicile State. I think.

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You may be able to use the parcel number for the land. (Worth checking)

Ganado likes this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If they want a Physical Address, give them the GPS Coordinates, OR, you certainly can use the Surveyors DESCRIPTION that resides on the Title of your Property.... In Alaska, we have so few roads, that Surveyors Descriptions are used for ALL Bush locations. Our Beach Cabin sits on "Lot 3 Block B Excursion Inlet South Subdivision, Haines Borough, Alaska, USA"

14. BTPost

Yea, that works....

15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

16. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Many people will do this, I did .
    Anytown
    Street address and # 1234 ( which is the po box)
    Here and there. 9999999

You can use the Post Office Address and the box number as listed.
    Ive done it for awhile now.

Ganado likes this.
  17. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Yes I do that on most of my on-line buys, but the Post Office workers (did I really say that), they are supposed to deliver the mail/packages reading from the bottom up.... like my zip 88888-999 which is my POBox, and then if there is no -999, they go up one line, the city-state, the up from there, the P.O. Box, the Street address above that, the my name, Mr. Nobody Sir

Well I get this yellow slip in my box indicating that I have a package to pick up... yeah dog food, XYL thinks Costco dog food sucks, the dogs love it... but it was supposed to be delivered to my street address first, not for me to pick up at the PO.

Pisses me off... (Bruce, PostMaster of the inlet, can you fix this stupidity)

Rancher

18. BTPost

No, I just sort the Mail, and leave the Politics, and such, to the PostMaster in Town....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7