305 acres in KY...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Feb 4, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Nice looking place. I'm a few bux short of the whole thing, wonder if it can be subdivided --

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nice property.

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

[sheep] farm for St. Croix Sheep

5. roscoe

roscoe Monkey+++ Founding Member

Only 8 hrs. from home. My piggy bank says NO!

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wonder if this one has natural gas and or oil on it? lol

7. melbo

Very good possibility of that mm... Comes with the mineral rights too.

8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Uh, the description says:

Several Oil wells on the property with MINERAL RIGHTS TRANSFERRING TO THE BUYER. Currently producing about $3,000 per year.

I wouldn't worry too much about the piddly little income, though it would pay the property taxes.....but if KY is like TN, any gas well on the place means free gas to the owners......I'd have a generator that ran on NG and everything in the house that used heat on NG.

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

OOps, I didnt bother to go look at the link, just had to mention it since the last place he looked at they found the natural gas on it right after it sold and then went back on the market at a little better than twice the original price. lol
    Yeah if had natural gas then definatly have generators and everything on natural gas and probably even see about setting the car up to run on it for local stuff.

10. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Would the govt find some way to "imminent domain" anything with a drop of crude on it after a crash?

?

11. melbo

Good question. Could be but My guess is that it is so small as to not be worth it.

Dunno

12. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

They wouldn't have to take the whole property, they could simply take the subsurface rights to the oil/natural gas.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7