.410 Shotgun Purchase DELAYED

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Aug 19, 2021.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I went into a national chain sporting goods store a couple of hours ago and looked at .410 gauge shotguns. They had a nice little Mossberg pump that I liked so I filled out the NICS paperwork, they sent it in and after half an hour, it came back DEAYED (caps from form, not yelling). I am about the most upstanding person you can hope to be, so I'm like what??? The store folks said it could take anywhere from several hours to a couple of months for this to clear. Jeez! I went to a local gun store about 4 weeks and purchased a hand gun with no problems. Anyone else experienced this lately?

On the FBI site, there's a place to challenge this, but they want $$, fingerprints and could take up to six months.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

YUP, 21 days from start to finish, after getting CANCELED! Canceled is the new woke for "We don't give two fucks about your rights, get over it" had to fill out a second set of forms and start all over, still took 7 days to "Instant" clear with a National CCL!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If your name was Bezos, Gates, or Musk and had unlimited funds, and LawDogs to sue the CRAP out of the FEDs, they would drop THEIR shorts and bend over… but seeing how you are just a regular Joe Blow, they suggest you drop yours and bend over… Now if you were a Kitchen Table FFL, like some of us, you are preApproved in ALL FIFTY STATES…

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

Here in Ohio they don't have to run it through NICS if you have a CCW .

Brokor, GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Same with NC. No call with CCW.

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. BenP

BenP Monkey++

They might have discovered that you are not 100% behind their COVID tyranny, which makes you a terrorist.

STGThndr, Brokor, GOG and 3 others like this.
  7. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

they found out you didn’t get the shot so now you are on a list with a bunch of others on here.

Brokor, GOG, toydoc and 2 others like this.
  8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

our IL Rifle Assoc has a Civil Rights violation lawsuit filed over the purposeful "delays" that are being used as bypass gun control >>> they won't fund the ID chek processing center for the IL State Police - went thru the exact same thing 10 years ago under a whole different governor's administration

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Back to the Mossberg, I have one and its one sweet lil shooter,Vented rib barrel, I prefer it over a 12 gauge except for squirrels,
    I think its actually the charge in the shell that prevents me from reaching the tops of tall trees.
    Don't ever use the barrel as a club, It will split the stock right where you're hand goes.

SB21 likes this.
  10. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thanks for all the replies. I wonder, if I cancel the order and try to buy from a local gunshop, will I get another DELAYED? I have an AZ CCW, but that doesn't seem to matter here in TX.

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Good news. My Mossberg was approved on Monday. Yaay. Only thing, they failed to call me, as promised. Grrrr! But I picked it up today. And, as an added bonus, my IRS refund hit on Monday also.

I'm a kinda sorta happy camper. :)

Brokor, GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

There is a bill to add everyone who doesn't get the vaccine to the no fly list. Then another bill that makes the no fly list the thr no buy list for gun purchases.
    Well there's always been a bill to make the no fly list the no buy list, nothing new there.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The marrying of the No Fly List to the No Buy List would be found UnConstitutional at the First Federal District Court Challenge… When are these yahoos going to get it thru their amazingly Thick Skulls, that there is a BIG Difference between a Constitutional Right, and a non-Constitutional Privilage…

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You don't have to know anything about the constitution to be elected to congress.

Gator 45/70 and toydoc like this.
  15. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Wait....I thought the law was, after 3 days, if no negative response, then you're cleared to purchase a firearm. When (if at all) was that changed?

I have a friend who went thru that, a number of years ago, when she wanted to buy a shotgun. Mostly due to multiple last name changes (maiden name to married name in first marriage, back to maiden name after divorce, then hyphenated name after 2nd marriage, then dropped the hyphenated thing after 20 years of marriage.....and yeah, that will screw up a background check, better than just about anything else!). After 3 days, the gun shop called her up, and told her she was clear to buy it, because they hadn't received a negative response.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  16. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Ya' know, I can't get the phrase "shall not be infringed" out of my head for some reason. Weird.

17. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The big chain stores have to worry about laws in multiple cities and states, and huge lawsuits if they sell to the wrong person at the end of the 3-day period. I work at Rural King, and our corporate policy is that you get your gun when we get a positive response to your background check...and not before! Your application will remain open for 30 days, if at the end of that time the FBI hasn't replied in the positive you will have to fill out a new application. Small local gun stores can choose to sell at the end of the 3-day period, and some will not! The big chain stores often have better selection and prices, but sometimes it pays to support your local gun store.

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Washington had that but the libtrads decided it was easy, now it means nothing

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. crowdaddy

crowdaddy Monkey++

Filed a change of address for my FOID and then applied for my CCL. It only took 16 F'N months to the day to recieve!!! But my payments went through in 2 minutes, no problem!!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7