7 actions to take immediately following an EMP strike

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

something that doesn't get mentioned near enough - usually not at all when discussing Faraday cages - neither EMP or a CME is once and then completed .... only a terrorist attack with a nuke could even begin to be somewhat guaranteed to be in that category...

you can expect follow up blast emissions to be more intense than the initial blast - happens all the time with solar flares - and there's a good possibility that secondary/follow up nuke hits could be closer to you - seeking out the lesser targets that weren't priority for the initial attack ....

I mention this all the time in regard to preppers discussing their Faraday cage designs - usage of your protected electronics will need to be on a "use & scoot" basis - the cage needs to be eazily accessed and needs to be constructed using re-useable materials ....

arleigh likes this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

My thoughts exactly.
    Any one intending on doing damage is not going to rely on a single strike . Murderous aggressors are not going to willingly let a victim get back up and run/fight .
    Important stuff is in protection and things more important are in even greater protection .
    it is likely that there will be no warning , to have to make last minuet moves, so as the proverb goes, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket", duplicates of my stored stuff is in separate protection.

1. DKR
  2. Waydah
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. The_Prepared
  5. Ganado
  6. apache235
  7. scpn
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Lancer
    Resource

EMP theory 2018-04-11

Stumbled across this while looking for old schematics.
    Posted By: Lancer, Apr 11, 2018 in category: Communications
  11. Lancer
  12. 3M-TA3
  13. arleigh
  14. Witch Doctor 01
  15. T. Riley
  16. Yard Dart
  17. Dusty308
  18. Motomom34
  19. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7