8 Vegetables You Can Regrow

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Motomom34, May 16, 2015.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Ginger sprouts and My Redneck Herb Garden:D

iphone pics farm 023.JPG

iphone pics farm 025.JPG
    First Year To Get Grapes

iphone pics farm 026.JPG

6'3" Goat Yes he's the one on the right! Not The Old Goat On The Left!!!
    iphone pics farm 035.JPG

2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Gopherman likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Nice! Love the herb garden

pearlselby and Gopherman like this.
  4. Gopherman

"One mans junkyard, is another Preppers Cashe of Crazy Cool Stuff!!"
    I didn't have the end caps, so I just used whatever, drilled holes on the bottom of a 6" PVC pipe and used My table saw to cur out a 4" strip at the top, filled it with dirt and, Whalla', Redneck Herb Garden. It's working very well. i am going to install a second story of growbeds around the perimeter when I can squirrel away the wood, till then this'll do!
    :)

Motomom34, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Gopherman likes this.
  6. Gopherman

Totally lost me when he started using all the Equations! LOL
    I tried that already a little. It's very limited on what you can grow, mostly lettuce type greens only. I Have a couple Zucchini plants that are 4 feet tall and 8 feet wide, putting out 3 1/2 pound fruit, Kale is 2', collards as well,Peppers are huge, for the trouble, space, effort and value, rabbit pooh and raised beds are by far the way to go.
    As a side note;
    The bed I started with the wood shaving mixture, The soil Is Black!!
    5 green trash bags of wood shavings, 1 bag potting soil 2.5 cubic feet, 1 bag black cow and 2 wheel barrels full of rabbit pooh. The plants are loving it, and the weeds are hating it!

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Ganado, Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Agreed growing in the ground is easier. And rabbits give off rich poo. Sounds like the wood shavings counteracts the heat of rabbit poo. I never thought to use shavings.

8. Gopherman

Rabbit manure can go straight on your garden and is extremely rich in nitrogen, its a good slow release fertilizer as well.Its not real good for vine fruit like Cucumbers,Watermelons,etc/ as it promotes growth rather than fruiting.The wood shavings are composting over time, the potting soil and Black Cow put beneficial Microbe to aid in decomposition and the Rabbit stuff adds all kinds of nutrients,and allows me to grow in it immediately.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Ganado likes this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

In the last picture, it looks like you are strangling the goat and holding it up like He-Man.
    Caught in the act...
    The goat choker. DUN-DUN-DUN!

Tully Mars and Gopherman like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

hehehehe. More likely holding the billy off to keep from losing his chin spinach.

11. Gopherman

He's like a dog. Bottle fed. He loves to be pet! He follows us all over the property.I was trying to keep him there to get the pic, If you pet him he won't move.
    I have 2 sheep like that as well.I'm Glad cause he's huge and if he was aggressive I would have to put him down.
    At my age I'm lucky to lift my butt out of bed, let alone a goat off the ground!:lol:
    I''m going to have to use a come along to get that Ram in the air, he's about 250, not looking forward to that at all!

Ganado, Brokor, BTPost and 1 other person like this.
  12. GeneC

GeneC Monkey+

Radicchios will too. Cut them off at ground level and leave the roots in the ground and they will sprout more. Rhubarb too Most plants that are perennial will grow back.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Up-date on my re-grow/sprouting:

The red potatoes turned black and started to smell. The pineapple looks like it will be dying soon also. I will try again. Good news is I have a sweet potato that is ready for planting and finally I have roots that are coming off a mint sprig.

004.JPG

@ditch witch was right, it just takes patience.

Tully Mars, Ganado and ditch witch like this.
  14. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

@Gopherman I had one once that was bottle raised and convinced she was a dog. She would chase passing cars with the dogs and if I left the house she'd jump the fence and chase the Suburban down the dirt road screaming and bleating, ears flopping. I'd stop and open the passenger door, she'd jump in and ride to McDonalds for french fries with the dogs.

Ganado and Gopherman like this.
  15. Gopherman

That's funny! My Ginger plants are doing well and the passion fruit vines are freaking out! I have Habenero Peppers all over my plants and I am trying to root one from a healthy broken branch. I'll let you know what happens.
    Mellon's cross pollinated and its weird, Crossed Honeydew, Cantaloupe and Butternut squash, they look really strange but taste great! Lesson learned next time, only one breed of Mellon at a time!:)
    Rabbits all doing well, ready to butcher this weekend, Flemish Giants going into breeder sized cages $$$$! They sell for $50 a piece.
    Sweet Peppers Not doing as well as I hoped, I had a good initial Crop but they are struggling, fertilizing this weekend, Got my fingers crossed!

ditch witch, kellory and Ganado like this.
  16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Wow you got the ginger to sprout in water? That is awesome! Or did I misinterpret what you said @Gopherman

17. Gopherman

Leave them in the pantry untill the buds start to show then cut them off with a good sized piece of potato and put them in the ground about 6" deep. I did it last year and got a wheel barrel full from 5 potatoes, which yielded about 15 buds!

18. Gopherman

I bought a ginger root that had a lot of eyes on it I cut it down the middle and put it with the buds facing up until they turned green, then placed them in a pot of soil and kept it wet. Now I have multiple shoots, some of which are a couple inches tall, I'll get some pics and post in a few minutes!

Ganado likes this.
  19. Gopherman

Passion fruit vine from 6" cutting and ginger root from store Ginger pics 009.JPG Ginger pics 010.JPG Ginger pics 011.JPG Ginger pics 012.JPG

Ganado and ghrit like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Really nice gopherman. I see I need to put mine in soil sooner.

Gopherman likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    My outdoor orchid blossomed today!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 22, 2024 at 19:09, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    It's time for my yearly lychee progress picture!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 21, 2024 at 2:26, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 21, 2024 at 2:26, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 11, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    I love Sundays!
  13. Alanaana
  14. oil pan 4
  15. DKR
  16. Alanaana
    I'm always happier outside!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  19. Alanaana
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7