A Family fought off a bear in yellow stone with bear spray to save 10 year old boy.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by arleigh, Aug 27, 2018.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

This is not the first time animals have tried to take kids with in a group of people not for protection but for food .
    Certainly bear spray made a difference in this event, but if your taking your kids in the back country TEACH THEM FIRST what to do and practice it a few times so they have a chance against predators . All kinds of predators.
    It is not enough to tell them what to do, you need to take seriously these lessons and provide them the means to act .
    When we moved on to the desert I went over defensive situations with my kids and even put rubber snakes in the path before hand to get the gist of what I was hoping they would under stand .
    With live ammo practicing against those rubber snakes. they became expert hitting them at first recognition .
    When a big rattler snuck into the house he didn't have a chance.
    People often are not prepared to act ,not taught to , as a result a lot of damage is done the could have been prevented . Being prepared is not just a nice catch phrase, it matters.

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My friend's family was just there.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7