A question about buying from amazon???

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by KAS, Feb 7, 2014.

1. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

We love Prime for the vast majority of our purchases apart from some Costco bulk and apart from ammo of course. Everything whatsoever gets shipped to the nearest UPS Store to not reveal our home address to ANYONE other than closest friends-family. That way no one ever 'knocks on our door' that we need to answer it ever.

The single most productive-effective way to gain more privacy than the vast majority of Americans is to have ALL things shipped to a UPS Store or similar "box". This is according to both Boston T. Party (Kenneth Royce)'s book One Nation, Under Surveillance -- Privacy From the Watchful Eye (http:///www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1888766115) and and How to Be Invisible: Protect Your Home, Your Children, Your Assets, and Your Life by J.J. Luna (How to Be Invisible: Protect Your Home, Your Children, Your Assets, and Your Life:Amazon:Books That also means you don't even have a pizza delivered to your home cuz it all goes in a database. You can only successfully implement this strategy, of course, when you first move into a new home.

These two books are very useful. I read them both cover-to-cover and give each one 5 out of 5 stars. JJ Luna's How to Be Invisible is also worth the money and complements Boston's book. I would suggest them both, but Boston's book here is better by comparison. Even the PC security stuff is still applicable.

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

For whatever reason, GPS shows our house to be at the far opposite end of the street. It's like that all over town too. No clue why, but UPS doesn't do home delivery here. They drop packages off at the post office, who sticks a note in our PO Box... because the post office won't do home delivery here either. If someone screws up and puts our street address on the package, half the time the witch at the PO will return it and leave a note in our box reminding us to tell people to use the PO Box number.

3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

That's the way they deliver out here too. Rural area by me, lotsa unpaved roads which might have something to do with it.

And that's the way ah - ah I like it. [tongue]

OPSEC. [coo]

4. chinmullet

chinmullet Monkey

I use Amazon like I used to use Costco/Sam's, buying in bulk, not grocery store sizes - cases of toilet paper, paper towels, body wash, toothpaste, etc. Bulk non-perishable foods, too - cases of chili mix, mac n cheese, canned meats (Spam, tuna, chicken), ketchup, spaghetti sauce/noodles, stuff like that.

I've not compared prices, but I do choose free shipping items. I'm doing it for convenience and time savings. It's also nice to NEVER run out of toilet paper!

NotSoSneaky, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Toilet paper is essential.... and by the way, welcome to the Monkey!!!!!

6. chinmullet

chinmullet Monkey

7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Nice cop-a feel Avatar

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree chinmullet! If you are interested in bulk paper products such as toilet paper,Our very own Monkey @Catullus happens to have some of the best deals around. Send him a PM and get some prices! I don't think you will be disappointed. He is a great guy.

Catullus likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Catullus and NotSoSneaky like this.
  10. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Am fortunate in having a TP distributor nearby. Can buy a case almost as cheap as a big pack at the stores. Good stuff--it is skid resistant and puncture proof---LOL.

Catullus likes this.
  11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

12. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Which TP product is septic system approved?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7