A rocket just fell very near my house

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by MicroBalrog, Dec 30, 2008.

1. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Close enough that we could hear the boom and feel the shockwave. The windows shook and all.

(I'm in Ashdod, ISrael, for those who don't remember me).

If the board is interested, I shall post more updates about the stuff here as it unfolds.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Please do keep us up. How did you make out with your bug out route planning?

3. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Well, I figured out I'm uphill from all the chemical storage stuff - seriously uphill, so I don't need to worry about that.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We'll be looking for you updates. Wishing safety for you and your family

5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

yes, defiantly keep up posted. Praying that you and your family remain safe.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

MicroBalrog
    Please do keep us up to date on the attacks going on there, it is good to see you are still among the living I was just thinking yesterday of where you were while this was going on.
    Take care Friend.

7. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Hope all remains well with you keep us posted. Hope 2009 is a better year for you, but things look rough at the moment

8. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Just heard another one drop. No idea yet of casualties, and certainly not where. I have heard detailed rumors about the location of the previous rocket's drop, but for obvious reasons I will not publish that in an open forum.

9. B540glenn

B540glenn Should Be Working Founding Member

Stay safe as best you can.
    Keep us posted.

10. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

They report it fell in 'an open area'. In actual fact I recognize the place from the media photos. It's a small park in the town. IT's not a real 'open area' in any real sense.

11. ghrit

Do they aim those things or just put them up and wherever they land?

12. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Stay safe as possible! Prayers sent for you and your nation. Hang tough, y'all are doing the right thing!
    jim

13. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> People are being weird. Some very silly, some very kind. There are some people who refuse to come out of bomb shelters, others who left the city entirely.

Families in the North are hosting Southerners for free. Multiple companies are offering discounts and benefits for Southerners.At least one bodybuilding chain has offered all Southerners free access to its facilities all across the country, and another one - to the one in Ashdod that's also a bomb shelter.

This is a replay of Lebanon II, where people offered shelter and discounts of various sorts for people fleeing the North. Many of them were hosted by charitable people in Ashdod, and now we're seeing the reverse.

Some private parties (political and otherwise) are funding billboards voicing their support of the armed forces and the people in the South.

[I mean the terms 'South' and 'North' as they are meant in Israel, of course]

Ghrit: Aim is an iffy subject with these people. To anybody's best knowledge, they suck at it, and they don't have the benefit of actual artillery spotters so they just lob the rockets in the direction of cities and villages. It's not clear if they have the skills and equipment, or the desire, to aim at targets smaller than a village.

14. ghrit

To my mind, that smacks of the V1s aimed at London. Fuel them for the right distance and let them fall. Demoralization, little else of strategic value. And the world wonders why Israel gets cranky? I have no personal problem with "collateral damage" in targeted strikes, it is inevitable and a cost of doing war, but bozos that just drop these uncontrolled rockets willy-nilly just cannot have any sympathy from me.

15. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

A Palestinian 'hero' was killed today, a man who claimed hero status after sending his own son to act as a suicide bomber in 2001. That's just a new level of filth I didn't know about before.

16. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I see that, good riddance.

17. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hunker down.

18. 8PW

8PW Silent but Deadly

The whole situation on both sides is FUBAR to the max IMHO.

19. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

3 more rockets just fell here.

Two nearby, one elsewhere

20. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

do you get to hunt hamas turbins for fun?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7