A rocket just fell very near my house

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by MicroBalrog, Dec 30, 2008.

1. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

2. overbore

overbore Monkey++

92nd Psalm blessings on you and yours. Any intuitive ideas about Hamas in Lebanon getting into the action?
    Laus Deo
    Overbore

3. Quantrill

Quantrill Monkey++

Note to self, don't move to Israel and certainly not Palestine. Sheesh, and I worry about SHTF here in the states.

Shalom Aleichem, may you and your family find safety.

4. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

The Hez is not likely to be getting into it at this stage - at least that's how our media has it.

Multiple rockets fell in and around Ashdod today - the media say nothing hit within the city itself, but locals insist two rockets hit in certain industrial areas within Ashdod.

5. hacon1

hacon1 Monkey+++

Stay safe and thank you for the updates!

6. Grumpy_Old_Man

Grumpy_Old_Man Monkey++

I'm new to the forum. Actually this is my first post. Rest assured my prayers are with you, your love ones and your country. I will never understand how anyone can look at your county and say you are in the wrong. I guess they never had a rocket land in their neighborhood. Keep the faith. Question - how are the gun laws in Israel? Is there private ownership and if yes what can you own?

7. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Bad.

Essentially they're a modification of British Mandate era laws - the Firearms Act is a sheet of paper that says 'And the Ministry of Interior shall determine what a gun is and who can have one'. For the last two decades they had an EXTREMELY anti-gun policy, to the point that practically nobody can even have handguns. There's about 200,000 licenses on issue in the entire country, most of them for pistols.

If you jump through all the hoops, the most common license limits you to one pistol and fifty rounds of ammo. On the up side, the license also doubles up as a carry license, so you can carry openly or concealed almost everywhere.

This and the high costs of ammo has left two results:

1. People barely train. I once did an article for a US gun magazine about pistol shooting in Israel and interviewed an instructor for it - he said people barely shoot at all except to qualify for the license or for renewals.

2. Most people who can get a gun carry it openly. Full-sized semi-autos are the most popular, with Glocks taking the lead by far, despite Austria refusing to export them here. This means a Glock in Israel can go as far as $1000 new.

8. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

Another rocket fell here today - judging by the sound, rather close. The media reports it fell 'between a school and a kindergarten'.

The post offices adopted 'special hours' of work, which means they're only open until about 14:00. No evening opening hours. Some shops are closing entirely.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The MSM indicates your government is getting serious about rubbing out Hamas. Not a bad thing, but how to tell when the job is done? That's the part that has us anchored in Afghanistan and Iraq, and basically rubbed our noses in Viet Nam. When the enemy doesn't observe the "need" for uniforms, it's hard to tell who to shoot at unless they are shooting at you and you see it. Trouble with that is obvious.

10. Sapper6

Sapper6 Wide awake

Good luck to you. You and your countrymen are in my prayers.

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

11. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Well i believe that if this works, then I suggest we follow suit

12. MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog Monkey+++

A unilateral ceasefire was declared tonight. So much about being serious.

13. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

I hear that Hamas didn't get the message though...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7