Advanced Preps

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Feb 23, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Was just sent this Link by a Guest reader...
    Looks like a great system. I like anything without filters and salt
    http://www.wholly-water.com/

Thanks zhukher ;)

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

This is a cool thread.... well here's my 2 cents on a bulk item that is pretty good to have... Baby Wipes..... sealed, moist, use it to wipe up, also use it to take a "bath" of sorts by wiping down... some have a nice smell..... a sense of feeling and smelling clean goes a long way for the psychological effects of comfort in a tough situation... you don't waist water and you can dry them after you're done and they make pretty good tinder and short term wicks for oil and wax candles.... they come in huge boxes... 4-8-16-20 refill boxes all sealed nicely.... remember those days of wiping up poop and baby messes.... still a good thing to have.... [winkthumb]

3. warhead2

warhead2 Monkey+++ Founding Member

baby wipes sounds good and very smart idea to dry them and use for wicks in a pinch its allways nice to have stuff that has several uses

4. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

144 "double" rolls of Northern is 80.24 FRN at Walmart.

I buy them by the box of 4 packs of 12rolls ( they have about 4 other combos ).......3 boxes at a time = 144 rolls.

Then I pack them in a plywood box I make, 19 x 18.5 x 43, lined with plastic inside, and wrapped in plastic outside.

Goal is 10 of those boxes......have 8 right now.

My latest kick is propane.

Each spring, they put 100lb bottles on closeout at places like HomeDespot. I try to pick up a couple each spring. Ones I bought the other day were 65 FRNs ( normally 79-89 ) and stop by a local propane filling station with them ( 45 FRNs for 100lbs.....just a bit under 25 gallons ) and then set them up in a shed.

Goal is 12....have 8 now. You can cook a LONG time on 25 gallons.

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Bear, anytime you feel the need to get back in touch with that feeling, I have a dirty diaper factory at home .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7