1. The Topic of the Month for June, 2017 is "Organization" Please join the discussion on the forum.

Alaska experiment

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by mage2, May 15, 2008.

1. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

Has anyone been watching this?
    Take some yuppie types, drop them in Alaska with winter coming. See them fall apart and starve. But i will say that some of them are learning and growing. I am not one for "reality" shows but this does show you how not to do things.

2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

Re: Alaska experement

I have caught a few snippets of aforementioned program, as you stated, most could not hack it in a controlled envoirnment, imagine what they would do if it was for real?

3. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Yeah love the show, I was thinking that us humans get so caught up in this greed of making more money etc that we have so seperated ourselves to a point where survival in the woods would be close to impossible for a large population.. Hence the SHTF and why we are here. [gone]

4. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

A friend of ours has been taping it for us every week. The people in the tent I think are totally screwed. :lol:But it's not to bad over all.

OGM

5. groovy mike

groovy mike Immortal

sounds like pioneer family thing a few years ago where 3 or 4 families tried to live like the 1800's wagon train families who went west. They totally failed to even work together let alone prosper.

6. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

Phillip and I have been watching the episodes as they're released online, commenting as we go.

Did you see the group that thought they could drop a full grown bison with a single-shot .22? Theoretically (in a miracle sense), I suppose it could happen. But even I wouldn't expect it to!

7. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

show's not bad but they are not alone so if something drastic happens help is 100 yards away

8. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

i found it amusing to watch them fire the hunting rifle. Scope eye anyone?

9. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

funny thing is that one of the guys from California, had never shot or touched a gun. I was like doh... he finally got a goat though :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7