All You Commuter-Preppers

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Hispeedal2, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Helicopters would work so would a tracked vehicle if they use the "road." Google Earth makes the slopes look a lot less steep than what they are.

Short of light armor, not really.

We didn't come here for a BOL; it was the solitude and beauty which caught our eyes.

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Great stuff in this thread guys. You've really given me some things to think about. I definitely have to think some on the type of vehicle I purchase. I have a bit of time to make the choice. For now, I have a loaner and I am close to the workplace. What was said about ground clearance makes sense. I really hadn't looked into the mid-sized fuel saving SUV-types. I need to hit some car lots, see what would work best, and do the research. Now I have a starting point.

Keep it coming if you have anything else. [beer]

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

[​IMG]

Some times the bar gets raised. :D

[​IMG]

The tires are Michelin Hydra-Edge as they came on the car and had +60K of wear left we bought the chains. As my laziness increases as the temp is very cold and the wind is blowing very hard; I can get out or in with a chain either front tire.

Now the car has real mud and snow tires which keeps the chains in the blue box. ;)

hank2222 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7