And a bicycle to ride home upon....

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DKR, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

A trailer with identical tires to the bike could make a logistical difference.

A crafty builder could make a two wheeler that could be converted with a bungee cord stabilized one wheeler if you lost a tire catastrophically.

I can see how to start building it in my head. Few welds or threads and the rest pinned with something like this.

Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I like the common size single wheel idea, and with so many cheap bikes around it would be simple enough to rig a front and rear bike wheel on the trailer. The mono-wheel trailer would be super handy if it could be towed at a narrow, folded width when empty. Hmmm, maybe even flipped up on its side with a wheel mounted between what had been the cargo deck and a raised railing. The design possibilities are endless.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Whatever you do, don't make the stupid mistake I did and buy a fordable bike with less than 26" tires. I ride an Elby Electric Bike which I love and unfortunately is not cheap ($3500-4000 with accessories) and I also bought for emergencies a beautiful fordable bike but with tires less than 26". It hurt like hell peddling and did not go very far because of the size of the tires. I wound up selling it at a substantial loss.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Extrawheel is small one wheel bike trailer. Pretty slick.

this shows how it works

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    arleigh and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The advantage to my cart is the ability to reconfigure the frame for longer taller and loads, single wheels can not perform .
    If you have a friend that has a broken leg how do you get them to help ? seriously .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Ura-Ki
  3. GhostX
  4. Legion489
  5. Oltymer
  6. andrew ebert
  7. vja4Him
  8. vja4Him
  9. VisuTrac
  10. Sgt. Art
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary