Answers to SM Anniversary Trivia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jul 2, 2015.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Jump in and post your answers like. the correct answer will be posted the following day, probably at night to give people a chance to participate

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Question July 1: Who flew over Monkeyman's farm and gave him a wing wave?
    Anyone want to have a guess?

Brokor likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sniper 66

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Before my time....

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I had the same thought.... way before my time... good question RH!!
    I tried to find the answer, but the pages here are deep ;)

Tully Mars likes this.
  6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[winkthumb] @GH

Sniper-66 ;)

Dont and Brokor like this.
  7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I haven't seen sniper in a long while, he used to stop by and shoot some when he was in the area.

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Hope sniper is well :) Has not been seen for 5 or 6 years :(

9. RightHand

July 1, 2015 Question - Who flew over Monkeyman's farm and gave him a wing wave?

Answer - You guys got it! Sniper66

sec_monkey likes this.
  10. RightHand

Trivia Question 2 - JULY 2, 2015 - Which member was the recipient of the first SM Custom Built AR. Several forum members gathered for a weekend to complete the build

Answer - Magnus392

Magnus was going to school, working, and helping take care of things for his mom. It wss a hard time for him so many of his SM friends got together, got donations of parts then one weekend, Melbo, Minuteman, E.L. an Magnus got together for a weekend at E.L.'s where they completed the build and had a good time. I think I remembered everyone who gathered for the weekend but if I forgot some, one of you guys pipe in.

Tully Mars, kellory and sec_monkey like this.
  11. RightHand

Trivia Question 3 - July 3, 2015
    Which member, who went on to the PHd program at University of TelAviv, gave us a running commentary of living in war ravaged Israel

Answer: MicroBalrog

This is a sample of one of MicroBalrog's threads. I think a lot of the newer members would find it interesting to do a search for posts by him and read his take on regional and world events at that time

"So, anyway.

For those of you who don’t know, I live in a rather small town (big city by our standards) in Israel. I’m on the very edge of the city, and so I could (if I had to) walk to the next town. There’s no hospital in the city, btw.

Now, here’s my thing.

There’s a bromine/other chemical stuff facility in the city. It’s really huge and it’s used to store said chemicals before they get exported out of Israel. There had already been two attempts to blow it up, and you know, after that I’ve started thinking:

If Really Bad Stuff Happens (say they really blow it up, or maybe there are really huge riots [there’s been small riots here before], or maybe the people in Gaza get their hands on a real Katyusha]) is it a good idea to actually try and leg it to the next town? (seven klicks or so"

12. RightHand

Trivia Question 4 - July 4, 2015
    Which member escaped society after TEOTWAWKI and found his own trouble

Answer: F. Ticious

Search out member F. Ticious and the "Post Apocalypse Job Search" and read about Frank's adventures. This is how Frank introduced himself to us.

"Hello; my name is F. Ticious, ya’ll can call me Frank or Frank Lee; I don't really give a damn. You may remember me from the interstate bill-boards advertising $99.00 no-fault divorces back before the collapse. I don’t see much need for a divorce lawyer anymore; it seems that now if a couple doesn’t get along, one just shoots the other one and that more or less effectively ends the relationship.
    I suppose that I am one of the fortunate ones after TEOTWAWKI, having spent years reading all the PAW stories and novels. I stock-piled enough guns and ammunition to last me a life-time or two but a lot got left behind when I had to abandon my Bug-out vehicle to those mutant ninja ZOMBIES. This would have never happened if the other members of my group had rallied as planned, but none the less, I made it to the National forest on foot and I have a cache back at the house that I do not believe the present occupants will discover any time soon.
    I must admit that the first several weeks were enlightening, to say the least. It had never occurred to me that there were good reasons that man moved out of caves and into other more suitable forms of shelter. It did occur to me that a “Will work for food” sign isn’t much use unless you actually take it to where there is work being conducted, but just a word of caution here: sometimes those busy folks don’t want your help and will shoot at you when they see you coming."

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  13. RightHand

Trivia Question 5 - July 5, 2015
    Who is the one member who returns periodically to insult us by referring to us as "Dum Dum Monkeys" among other things but we always look forward to hearing from him

Answer: Chongsoft Army

The one and only member who gets away with personal insults without a complaint!

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. RightHand

Trivia Question 6 - July 6, 2015
    Who is the member who taught us to butcher...anything and gave us step by step photos

Answer: Monkeyman

As ghrit said, way to easy but I hope some of our new members will check out his tutorials. Monkeyman's an interesting character with a wealth of knowledge that he has generously shared through the years.

These might take a little bandwidth but well worth the time spent

Home Butchering Introduction

Home Butchering Tutorial - Lamb

Home Butchering Tutorial - Steer (1)

Home Butchering Tutorial - Steer (2)

Home Butchering Tutorial - Pig

Home Butchering Tutorial - Chickens

Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  15. RightHand

Bonus Question for Original Members
    What happened to member BTK

Answer: After freaking us all out (this was around the time of the BTK serial murderer) he went back to using the name we had know him as for many years.......Drum roll........ColtCarbine

Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  16. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Why the BTK persona?

17. RightHand

He never did explain but I think his mind was going in a direction that was far removed from the serial murderer

Tracy likes this.
  18. kellory

Well, we can only hope so.....:cautious::eek::ROFLMAO:

19. RightHand

If you doubt it you can't say you know Colt or Tracy

20. kellory

I didn't say I doubted it, but I can't say I KNOW colt or Tracy, either. I know very little of either of them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7