Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Free Vehicle History Report?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Apr 20, 2013.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I've found a sweet little 2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 that I want to buy. Price is very right, truck looks really good, a few minor things like no spare and I'll want to replace the tires, but other than that, looking really good. I found a few places that give a preliminary VIN report....Stolen or Not; Totaled or Not...but they all want $$$ for a complete vehicle history, most about $29.95.

I thought I'd ask my fellow Monkeys if anyone knows of a site where I can get a more comprehensive report for free? Yes, I'm cheap. Not thrifty, just downright cheap! LOL

TIA

Kajun

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Kbb says they have free history reports. I have never tried it but you could check it out.

Used Car History Report - Kelley Blue Book

PS- lucky you. I found a 99 ford ranger cheap but before I got there it was gone.

3. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I dunno about NOW, but way back when I got my truck, Carfax was $20 to look up unlimited Vin #s for two months. Was WELL WORTH IT!!! As sum Dealers cried "One Owner One Owner" an the Carfax came back one owner alright. One each in six different counties in two states. Needless to say I didn't buy THAT truck. Now if I was vehicle shopping, I'd consider the Carfax website's cost to be needed insurance for vehicle shopping to be sure I got what I was told it was. An no, I'm not likely to believe any dealer or seller's Carfax printout they give me. Only my own I had

Okay, NOW UnLimited is $55, But I'd still consider it worth it versus the cost of repairs if I found out I'd bought a pig in a poke sack!

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  4. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thanks for the leads. I found a place that did them for $2.50, a complete report, including lien history.

Yep, bought the little Ranger this morning after a loong test drive and the best inspection I could to. A few things to attend to, but for the price I ain't complaining!

Kajun

Seawolf1090 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7