Anyone Living in a Modern Comfortable Bomb Shelter? I Can't Afford One Unfortunately

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, May 23, 2017.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Out of curiosity, do any of you people live in or own a comfortable modern bomb shelter? If so, what's it like? How much is the annual upkeep? Unfortunately I can't afford one which is why I keep playing the Mega Millions lottery, seriously!

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Bomb Shelters are are so 1950's and WAY over rated! Think about this, if your AO gets hit, do you really wanna bunker up until the rad levels drop enough for you to eventually leave? AND, what will the world look like to you when you do finally come out? Is that a world you would still like to live in? Sorry for the negative here, but ask these questions of your self honestly! There is likely to be little if any warning, and if you survive the initial effects of the blast, can you even get to YOUR shelter? and if so, then what? DO you have the supplies to keep you going? Do you have the water, medicine, and sanitation to last long enough? Sadly, You would likely die in your shelter, never knowing how at risk you might or might not have been, and thus, all you did was prolong your suffering or delay your end!

Motomom34, sec_monkey and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Crack open the oldest, most expensive bottle of your favorite Adult beverage and embrace the horror...

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I studied from the best.....I am just going to live in a deep cave with the bats, at least till the liquor runs out!!! ;)

5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:lol: :)

88 is lookin great :D

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

a really well engineered shelter can save yer [bacon] from a bunch of disasters .. earthquakes, forest fires, brush fires, floods, riots, civil unrest, conventional wars, tornadoes, hurricanes, EMPs, pandemics, plus plus :)

it could even survive a near miss from NBC armed missiles if it is really well built

survival in a proper shelter is only limited by the amount of food plus water ya can store, plus other necessities :)

Yard Dart, Ura-Ki, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  7. Dunerunner

Don't forget an air purification (submarine type) scrubber, facilities for human waste disposal, you mentioned water but 6 months of water for a family of four is a bunch of water. Your shelter starts to approach or exceed one million US.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I could not live underground. I would not want to live underground with my family. Being confined underground can have a real negativity on your mental state. I have no clue how people think they could last a year underground. I would think the lack of sun would also have serious health benefits. I know there are bunkers for the rich- Inside the 'billionaire bunkers' bought by the super rich | Daily Mail Online but even all nice, polished etc. it is still underground. I am one that needs sun, fresh air, birds...

Legion489, Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Dunerunner

Just add a Tranquility room with a pool, holographic birds, surround sound and sun lamps. Just another $500,000... :rolleyes:

Cha Ching!

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Tempstar and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I guess I'm the exception rather than the rule. The answer is basically yes to everything you asked. Ever since I was a kid and saw the Twilight Zone Episode where a millionaire invites people who didn't like him into his bomb shelter and he fakes an attack only to find out it was real in the end and everyone wants to leave the shelter because this isn't a world they want to live in, I wanted to be that guy but I'd be happy in the bomb shelter. I'm sure I can find myself a beautiful harem and as long as I have entertainment, health, decent food & water,I'm happy. So the bottom line is, I do want to live in this Post Nuclear World even if I'm the only one left!

My mental state, while my life is happy and comfortable, is one of disgust at all the millennials and liberals on the planet. I abhor everything about them: Music, attitude, style, taste, politics, tolerance of Gay/Transexual lifestyle, welcoming of illegal aliens, refugees, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
    Tully Mars likes this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What does that mean? I was talking about the inability of living underground and knowing myself well enough to know I could never become a gopher-person. I have to have given birth to and raised a few millennials, I love them. So what generation are you? Each generation is different but millennials are a product of parenting in most cases.

Legion489 likes this.
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Baby Boomer who was raised fairly strict by Germany/Austrian Immigrants! Don't have any kids by choice who has earned everything by myself and who believes in responsibility and gathering information to store in my brain. Basically my comment means that mentally I'm happy and comfortable with my own company in a clean environment and don't need others though I usually have a bunch of close friends and a girlfriend but Millennials sicken and offend me mentally. They offer me nothing to learn from them that will better me. They're mosquitos that don't go away with no purpose but to annoy me!

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I looked it up and I actually do not have millennials, I have a few GenZ's. One a good note- my youngest and all his friends are very conservative.

1. mechstdr
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. TinyDreams
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. DKR
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid