Archery

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Bishop, Apr 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Any archers out there if so are you primative traditional or modern I do it all but I don't really like cross bows I think they are over rated but still shoot them.

Motomom34 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Primitive instinctive archer here, and don't care for the crossbow either, they aren't as fast to handle as a bow, somewhat awkward in the woods, just my own preferences.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Just fleched these to night KIMG0765_01.JPG

4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

KIMG0766_03.JPG cheap shot

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Modern for me! I shoot a "Old" Martain twin cam Rage. it can go from 70 lbs to 90 with the 1 1/2 in over draw making it a serious hunting tool. It can match many more modern bow's in speed and is just the right combo light and balanced. I do ok with a Re curve, but do miss the extra power the compound gives. Traditional Long Bow's are really cool, and the utility cannot be beat, but I still prefer modern! Cross Bow hunting would kinda be cool, but the second shot disadvantage kills it for me!

Motomom34 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Mine is a PSE Elite Graphite from the late 1980's. It was sized for my fairly short draw length and have never felt a reason to get something newer. I'll get a picture tomorrow, but it's pretty low tech compared to the new stuff. I like archery but never get enough time to keep good at it. I figure when we run out of bullets I can always make arrows.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

I shoot all used to hunt birds with a bow when I was a kid

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  8. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Motomom34, sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

I'm self taught on a Bear 55# recurve. Got good enough to assist in teaching a lady's college class! :D That was a bummer!!!
    Until recently I was shooting a Mission Craze compound. But my luck ran out! I've got severe arthritis in my shoulders, especially the right. I'll never draw a bow again, and I miss it like the devil!

Ura-Ki and Mindgrinder like this.
  10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I shoot traditional. Make 2 fletch wood arrows. Practicing to go solo with it this coming hunting season.

Ura-Ki, Motomom34 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have nine bows, the long-bow being my favorite followed by my recurves. I own a couple of wheel-bows, one set up for fishing. I rarely hunt any more, just can't find the time, but I shoot pretty regularly. I had a cross-bow but traded it to one of the guys in my pistol club for a 10mm S&W revolver set up for USPSA.

Sgt Nambu, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  12. Mindgrinder

Time for a crank on your crossbow my friend....it's not a shame...just slower.

3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Mindgrinder

Still wondering if there is a Monkey Vet out there who likes weaving paracord into shoulder slings....

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Dunno, but here's an instructable.
    Paracord Rifle Sling - All

Sgt Nambu, 3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

A Cobra weave is not very hard to do

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

That's sharp! Thanks, guys!

17. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Having fun

18. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Had some guys who shoot compounds over the other day to try out some stickbows...it's incredible how different the shooting style seems to be.

Also, going from a target to a random distance object is a whole 'nother ballgame isn't it.

1. Bishop
  2. Bishop
  3. Bishop
    The 48 inch hobow [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Aug 14, 2019, 0 replies, in forum: Functional Gear & Equipment
  4. Bishop
  5. DKR
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
    Here is how you make a warfbow. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 17, 2019, 0 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  8. Bishop
  9. Bishop
  10. Bishop
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid