Are any of the Gravity water systems worth it?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Primefactor, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I have all my water needs fed by 1100 gal. cystern that is gravity feeds the cabin down the mountain. The cystern is filled 2 x a year from a 75 ft deep well next to it. If I where to need have the water tested, I would have it done by the county or the state at a nominal charge..

ghrit likes this.
  2. Primefactor

Primefactor Neophyte Monkey

I definitely understand your concerns. I provided a very high level overview in the 4th post of the thread but will gladly provide more details here. For the $5 you'd get four electronic documents. 3 documents of test results from a certified lab for the testing of the sample from the output of the Berkey, Propur & Aquarain gravity systems (these would be directly from the lab. i wouldn't do anything except load them to a website where people could pay for them). And an excel file with 4 columns that shows the results from those other 3 documents but in excel format so people can summarize them how they want. Also in the excel file i would set up some graphs of the results so you could get a quick visual comparison of the three systems based on your selection of the specific contaminate (you'd make a selection in a drop down list). The graphs will be more useful after i have the systems tested over time (i will have them tested every 3 months) so you'll be able to see a trend & easily determine if the performance of any of the systems falls off after a certain amount of usage (you'll have to pay $5 more for each quarterly test). The results will cover pretty much everything that you see in any of test results that you can find online (minerals, metals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, VOC's.....not sure if radioactivity testing is part of the results)

To ensure the accuracy of the test results, i would follow the protocol of the lab & to be sure that i'm not just making the results up, i will provide the name of the lab that i used (I haven't decide on the lab yet. still looking around for the best price) & you can call them to verify that they performed the tests.

I would pay for all the equipment & test results upfront & then see if could find about 600 people to buy the result for the $5 so i break even. I get a copy of the results & so would anyone else who paid for them. all of the risk falls on me to try to get people to buy it. That's what brought me here. Since i was seeing all of the people on this & other survival forums complaining about the results directly from the companies themselves as being untrustworthy, I decided to launch some polls on this & other survival forums to get a gauge of the interest on basically splitting the costs to have the systems tested by someone that has no affiliation what so ever with the companies

I hope this answers all your questions.

P.S. the $600 figure comes from the price per sample that i was giving by one of the labs that i've contacted (3 samples * $200/sample). so in order to get the 3 samples tested yourself, you'd have to pay $600, not to mention, buy the 3 systems etc first.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"High level" is flummery, raises suspicions of con jobs. Now it looks like you are getting there. What species are you going to test for?

4. Primefactor

Primefactor Neophyte Monkey

My bad. I work in a corporate job where my bosses just want it high level. lesson learned. what do you mean by species?

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Contaminants. Ions, particulates, bacteria, viruses, whatever. Now to give you a hint, you are going to need testing against known levels of contamination, or the tests are going to be meaningless. You are also going to have to make some kind of allowances for the different waters found, as my water is different than yours, and you will need a way to compare them.

Your high level corporate bosses have not lead you to think, just to parrot bullshit to see who takes a sniff. You need not take this as an insult, but you are totally unprepared for anything approaching a reasonable experimental investigation.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. ColtCarbine
  3. duane
  4. Ganado
  5. Sojourn
  6. DKR
  7. deMolay
  8. Ganado
  9. GOG
  10. Motomom34