Are we Headed for Nuclear War?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Minuteman, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Part of being a prepper, the term I prefer as opposed to survivalist, is looking ahead and trying to prepare for the most probable events. Start with natural disaster preps, days and maybe weeks of the essentials. Then move on to civil unrest, societal collapse, economic upheaval.
    Most scenarios will have many of the same preps. But the ultimate is probably nuclear war. I think a lot of us older folks remember the things we did as kids and our parents and grandparents did, just in case. It was a much bigger threat and more at the forefront of our minds than I think it has been for the last several decades. I believe that may well be the thing that dooms a lot of people. We are so focused on the political upheaval, the problems domestically, the threat of civil war, of looming political persecution. And all that could very well be a smokescreen to hide the biggest threat we may face. We talk of a globalist plan to depopulate the earth. Which is from their own words and writings. What easier and more convenient way than to have a nuclear war that will destroy much of the Western industrialized countries. Thus achieving the goals of "saving the planet" by eliminating those polluting nations. And the goal of drastically reducing the world's population. All accomplished by facilitating a global nuclear war.
    I believe if we accept that there are powerful forces who seek to attain those goals, then I see them having a multi tiered plan. If mass vaccinations and release of viruses and plaques is not working, if people are balking at these radical climate change regulations and laws. Then what better plan B than that. Achieve all of their objectives in one swell swoop.
    I have always said that Russia and China were our enemies and would take the first chance to see us crippled or annihilated. That based primarily on interpretation of Scripture but now it is becoming more evident every day.
    The latest headlines are very foreboding. Putin has been threatening to ise nuclear weapons for some time. But it has been dismissed as just Sabre rattling and no real threat. A huge mistake in my opinion. I've posted about Russian bombers invading Alaskan airspace before. For several years now. Probing our defenses. Now there was a headline of Coast Giard patrols that discovered Russian and Chinese War ships in the Bering Sea. In international waters but very close to US territory.
    Russia testing and known to have functional hypersonic nuclear capable missiles thay could reach ourainland before we even had a chance to respond.
    Now we have tens of thousands of unknown people flooding across our southern border. Ala Red Dawn scenario.
    Russia was reporting on a test of US drones their intelligence filmed in the north sea just days before the Nordstrom Pipeline was sabotaged, most probably by an underwater drone. The Russian call uo and conscription of soldiers. The US state department issuing a warning for all Americans to leave Russia.
    Folks, all the chess pieces are being maneuvered into place.
    I feel like it is the biggest and most likely of all SHTF scenarios right now.
    So, what are we as preppers doing to prepare.
    For me I already have a lot of preps in place. But right now I evaluating the areas I may be short in amd need to increase while we have time. I have but will be ordering more iodine tablets. I have a Big Berky water filter that I have had for years but I have never ordered the Black filters that filter out radiation. I'll be doing that. I have but will be adding to my preps for isolating my house. More rolls of visqueen and duct tape. I have hazmat suits and decon equipment. A gieger counter and other NBC gear.
    So what do you have and what are your preps for that scenario?
    And what do you think the chance of a nuclear attack on our mainland?
    Also I thought this thread would be a good place to post any related stories.

2. Minuteman

enloopious and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Minuteman

enloopious and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Covid was accidentally released before it could be made lethal enough to significantly reduce the world's population, so perhaps nuclear is the next round in the chamber. Using conventional nukes will destroy much of what they will want to preserve, so look for EMP's to knock out the electrical grid. Wait a year or two for the projected 90% die off then roll out all the transformers that were stockpiled and enjoy the martial law kingdoms.

5. Minuteman

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Minuteman

img-29fb228f.

Gator 45/70, enloopious and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. Minuteman

img-af079166.

Dont, Gator 45/70, enloopious and 2 others like this.
  8. Minuteman

img-c36e564b.

Gator 45/70, enloopious and oil pan 4 like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Russian nukes likely won't work.
    We spend about 10 million dollars per warhead per year on average for maintenance. Russia appears to spend well under 1 million dollars per year, per warhead.
    Same for missile delivery systems, is it going to go, or just blowup on the ground?

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

IDK, an all out Nuke war destroys an awful lot of the food sources, not just crop land but wildlife as well, and it also contaminates the waters which spreads globally, not a very smart plan ifin you was to ask me! No, a Nuke exchange would be for something else, perhaps Putin striking out as a last ditch, or a crazy "I'm gonna kill the world" kinda deal! I could see China using nukes on a limited scale to take and hold the areas it wants, but not destroying what it needs/wants! Iran and North Korea are unknowns, likely to strike out as a sort of revenge for whatever pissed them off this time, IDK!

If we do see a full nuke exchange, it's not the elites doing elite shit, it's something much worse, and I don't think prepping will matter, and besides, I don't wanna be around for the after glow party! All for a Gallon of Guzzliene, Who Killed the World!

STGThndr, Dont, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't think either side wants a nuclear war, but it seems like our side really want to escalate this conflict.

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

A war would take all the attention away from Blunderden's bidens. Wartime Presidents get reelected. If the Wartime President can't run then the candidate from his party wins.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Could be a last ditch power grab by the Dems! Take and hold power at any cost and destroy the system that prevents them from taking it all and declaring their king. IDK, but it sure does seem that the Pedo and Hoe are running this ship pretty luff and rough, and that has everyone scared! If could be shear incompetence as well, I can't sit here and believe the powers behind that assclown would allow something like this to happen, but maybe that's the whole plan, set the Pedo up as the fallguy and let the world burn!

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I have to think that the superpowers have enough controls in place to prevent a crazy president from launching nukes. I also concur with the postings above that no country would want to make a potential acquisition useless. I think maybe tactical battlefield nukes, small sabotage devices, and upper atmosphere EMP devices may still be on the table. I'm also thinking a third player did the pipeline to focus blame on the US, maybe even Russia itself, to gain pity for Russia and make the US look bad in the eyes of the world.

Gator 45/70, mysterymet and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Not worried about Biden as he would wind up trying to punch the codes into the microwave.

Tempstar, CraftyMofo, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  16. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

When all else fails they take you to war.

Just curious why Trump has been posting these types of tweets over the past few weeks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Minuteman

Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  18. Minuteman

Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

We are so screwed. This will not end well for anyone.

20. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Yeah I feel like this is the push that will tip us into full war. This is not good for anyone and there's really no doubt that Biden is the only one stupid enough to do something like sabotaging Nord Stream.

2 geigers, bunker, BOL, go bags, food and water for at least a year, probably more, tools, entertainment. I have some other stuff but if it gets to around the 5 year mark things might start getting lean. I think 2 more big preps that are on the way would make me, and all of those close to me, solid.

Minuteman and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7