Are you prepared for a Catastrophe?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by RightHand, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

If you're collected while everyone around you is losing their heads...there's a good chance you're the one...holding the axe.

Tracy and Bear like this.
  2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

My objective is not just to survive... but to survive well.
    I have others to think of as well...
    So yes... teaching others and setting an example for the next generations is part of the best thing that I can do...
    It's what I call... The "Mirror Standard"....

Brokor likes this.
  3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I've lived through hurricanes Floyd, and Fran and the resulting flooding with massive damage to my house no power/utilities for almost 2 months... not sure it that is a catastrophe but it sure comes close... we made it through with out assistance for the first 2 weeks as nothing could get to us... we where low on water as many of our pumps were submerged and wells had to be sanatized... before using... thats when i started becoming concerned about prepping... my guns and ammo where of little use as were bug out bags etc... when the flood came there was no where to go... roads were washed out... stores were flooded out no access to many of the towns... dead livestock floating in the water... the game left with the flood waters... a real mess...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7