Are you truly prepared?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by urbancowboy, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

"Are you truly prepared?" No.... not even close and I suppose this is one of those deals for me where if I had started 10 years ago and was in range to grab the brass ring.... that merry go round would speed up pushing it beyond my reach making me go round again for another try. I feel like a donkey with a carrot on a stick extended out in front of my face and I'm ok with that. What's helpful to me is knowing every time I learn something new..... I can try applying it by going back to my basic lists and "tweaking" them. I delete.... I add..... I swap out and.... move things around. I can prioritize better and remain more focused on using what resources I have wisely. It's working. Every time I go grocery shopping and pick up foods from my pantry list or complete a task on my prep list.... I become a little more self-reliant than I was the week before which.... just happens to better our chances of staying together in our own home for the long haul.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I may have a very ordered mind and a bit of experience, but not nearly as much as some folk I have seen around here. I like to *think* I am mostly prepared, but I often find myself lacking perfection in certain areas, so I adjust accordingly. My strategy isn't necessarily another's strategy. Heck, some times I am even confused and bewildered: for instance, lately I keep thinking that every topic is titled "Lights Out Is Available In Print", making me feel like I keep reading the same thread over and over again. Quite disconcerting, I must say.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7