Armadillos Carry Leprosy

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by GrandpaDave, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ratski

ratski Monkey+

Used to go out at night with some friends and shoot 'em when I was in college.

BBQ, heavy on the sauce. Not bad eating.

I remember some lectures from epidemiology and pathology on them from back in the 70s. From my recollections, the leprosy was isolated between the toes of the dillo. Cooking was supposed to kill the germs.

2. Matteo10572

Matteo10572 Monkey+

I understand your "main point" and counter it. Detrimental bacteria grows on veggies . You can get salmonella from chicken not cooked well. Bad things can happen from pork handled incorrectly. You can die from what you drink in unpure water. Much like anything else, those who have the knowledge of how to utilize resources from their environment without detriment to themselves will be better prepared to live. I will eat Dillos from high ground when SHTF and like it. I also know how to clean and eat a puffer fish without a problem. They are quite good. I have eaten smooth puffer many times. I am still here. Be careful who you tag with "Dumb Masses", their knowledge of how to survive may save your life someday.

3. Matteo10572

Matteo10572 Monkey+

By the way. Rattlesnakes are poisonous. I will eat them as well. If they are not butchered correctly and you eat the head, it can kill you. Just sayin.[CRC]

4. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

Anyone who eats the head of a rattlesnake wasn't going to make it long anyhow

Smitty

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Rattlesnakes are venomous as opposed to poisonous. There is a difference.

6. Matteo10572

Matteo10572 Monkey+

Yep. Venomous if they bite you. Poisonous if you eat the head. Tasty if the right parts are cooked correctly.:D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7