Backpack Survival - Backpack Fever, by Duncan Long

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Mar 31, 2006.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

re: BACKPACK SURVIVAL

This is the number 1 reason I decided to join with a group.....
    I can't do everything alone.....I never thought I could, since I was 35!
    I will be able to contribute a 'number of skills', to a group.
    I will be leaving soon....(should have been there in October by the latest!)
    My protocols have been set and I will be the point-man, and I'll set up the security for the area, as others arrive to deposit their supplies and such to the site.
    I will set up communications, solar and wind power units, septic and grey water facilities. I will be putting in all the raised bed gardens, and begin to locate and build various outbuildings, for storage and such.
    Where I am now located, next to a major freeway, it would take me only 1 1/2 minutes to get away from the city.
    However, the "get out of Dodge" syndrome, is always gnawing on my neck!
    The actual possibility of anyone of the other members making it to the site is a near zero. They are scattered all across the valley.
    The site is at least 150 miles due north, and you have to pass through some areas, you would not want to travel in times of duress.
    It is my sole responsibility, to ensure that the site is maintained and secure, for any member/s that can get there.
    That includes my own family.
    Not an easy choice, but I had to make it, so that at least they have a chance...
    Where we live now, they would have NO chance of survival.
    Bill

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Re: BACKPACK SURVIVAL

time to revisit

3. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Re: BACKPACK SURVIVAL

I have two Condor bags, the Medium assault bag and the 3-Day huge bag. The smaller one is my car emergency bag, we are in the suburbs 20 mins from town filled with yuppies. I have a bike bag for local recon, and a head in the sand girlfriend. If a mandatory evac goes down, then you need the bags. I'll take weapons, ammo, two Contico boxes, the cupboard and haul butt, if we have to.
    As said here before the best protection is a remote location and you need to be there already having good relations with your neighbors. I'm with you Dragonfly, I've got a couple acres that I am developing beside a river. I've built a lot of hunting camps also, which I am welcome at.

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. 3M-TA3
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  7. Thunder5Ranch
  8. Motomom34
  9. ED GEiN
  10. AxesAreBetter
  11. yeti695
  12. medicineman
  13. Dunerunner
  14. Motomom34
  15. Oltymer
  16. Imasham
  17. H.I.S Survival
  18. Witch Doctor 01