Bait?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by azrancher, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

You have to know where your towel is.. Put over your head and the critter can't hurt you... "As stated from the Hitch Hikers guide"

Liked the trap in the box idea..

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Like Airtime said, just use dog food for bait. Live trap to get them in, 22 to deal with it and your done.

sec_monkey and RightHand like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Get an owl. Skunks and owls don't get along at all. An owl decoy and a hoot tape, skunks don't come around.

sec_monkey and kellory like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Everytime I read this I laugh. It reminds me of home

As kid we had a family of skunks under the barn. Worst summer of my life. Now it's funny but then it was horrid. Everything smelled like skunk for months in hot summer.

The Weimer (bird dog) got out and every time he got wet for a year he stank

5. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

OK two traps set and baited with sardines in oil. Last night's game cam turned up nothing, but no kills either.

I think this guy also chewed up my new drip irrigation tubing for my orchard... I may have to get my driveway alarms set up, night vision goggles and 12 gauge at the ready.

pearlselby and kellory like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You might try putting down Chalk Powder (UV Type) around some Bait, and then you can Track the little Bugger, even on dry and dusty ground. Might give some clue to where he hangs out during the daytime...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Witch Doctor 01, Ganado and kellory like this.
  7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Hmmmm never heard of Chalk Powder, source? This may be a mute point, he/she stole bate from the large medium sized trap night before last but he/she found the smaller medium sized trap and was there this morning, I hope I shot he/her enough times, they are a bunch of fur, hard to get a good shot when you don't want to get sprayed, film at 11.

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

9. Cathail

Cathail Monkey++

Tannerite.

Mountainman likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is called Vaporize, in one shot, around here...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Shot a rat last night, brazen guy would be eating the cracked corn just 10' from me...
    22LR Bird Shot at 10'

Damm cats, get back on the job.

pearlselby, BlueDuck and Tully Mars like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7