Bee Stings BZZZZZ

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Two stings ago I was taken to the fire hall because I was having a bad reaction. The next one I ended up in ER. Yesterday a little jerk flew in my window and nailed me in the stomach. I started freaking out but found my Epi-Pen. Luckily my oldest was down the street so she came by and stuck me. She seemed to like it a bit too much. Long story short it worked. No reaction. Jackpot! :D

Motomom34, chelloveck, 3M-TA3 and 8 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I had one of my crew get stung by a wasp on the job site the other day....in the neck.
    Had him on observation for the rest of the day in case he had an airway issue.

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Had a wasp get me right on the side of the thumb the other day . Seems I get a little more jittery out of a yellow jacket sting than a wasp . Regrettin the day I get popped by a hornet .
    Glad your ok .

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Gator 45/70, Meat and duane like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Had a batch of yellow jackets nail me a while back. 18 of them, by actual count. ER time. That adrenalin shot they hit me with had me on high twang for two days. Never again, I hope.

5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I guess I am allergic to bee stings as really swell up whenever I get stung. Overseas, there is no such things as Epi-Pen, at least, I never saw any but again it seems I made a living of always being in some $hithole. LOL! Anyway... I would think these Epi-Pens are something good to keep around. Can I purchase them locally? I am going to read up on them now...

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Meat like this.
  6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Guess I'm lucky...stings don't even welt up on me anymore. I also don't get poison oak or ivy. Strange body chemistry I guess, or a lifetime of being outdoors and getting stung.

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Stings didn't use to bother me that much , and I haven't had poison ivy or poison oak since I was a teen , had it plenty of times back then . UNTIL ,,, a few months ago . was cutting up a tree with the chainsaw , had some of those big vines stuck to the side of the tree. Well I guess it was some form of mutant poisonous plant . I had that itchy rash on my arms , hands , face , chest , legs , and places we won't mention . Hadn't had it in 40 years . I still need to finish cutting up that tree , I've cut everything around it , still shy away from that tree .

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I swell a bit at the stinger but then it's gone after a while most of the time ,and meat eating bees just bite which is nasty too but not as much as needing epinephrine . Benadryl works pretty much the same .
    There is a hive/swarm that has made a home just under the 5th wheel trailer and I avoid that area much as possible. They are endangered so I hesitate to disturb and or kill them , and my hope is that some day I can get a commercial hive capture the queen and care for them properly .
    They have been here 10 years now and the most I do is provide them water, and distance .
    Sorry for those of you that suffer worse threats

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Your epipen is not self shooting????

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

They are available most places, but are by prescription only. Do your wallet a favor and shop the different manufacturers...Epi-pen is a brand name...nearly identical varieties are available for much less.

Also remember to examine the fluid regularly. If it becomes discolored, cloudy or has particulates in it, don't use it...replace it.. Shelf life is typically short, perhaps a year and a half.

Meat, Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I pulled a small oak down on myself while backing up on the tractor not paying attention....Next thing I knew my arm was on fire,The side of my face and neck...I looked to the left and there's 3 on my upper arm hammering away...
    I'm like its on now,I can't un-ass the machine since a tree is on me blocking my way,So into battle mode I go,Slapping and killing as many as I could while trying to get the machine in forward to get this tree back up in the air and so I can make my escape.....
    Got it in forward,Pushed the tree back vertical and cut the wheels hard to get the hell out of the woods.....
    Called a cousin to come sit with me at the camp while I applied liberal amounts of hand sanitizer on the stings....While consuming 3/4 beers....Happy to say I didn't blow up much at all....The end!

Yard Dart and Meat like this.
  12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, I just read that one needs a prescription...I should have known. This damn country gets on my nerves sometimes, can't turn around or even spit without having to pay someone for something, they got everything locked down tight especially anything to do with medical. Freedom my backside. I will purchase it in Canada next time I am there, it's only a few hours away and don't need a prescription according to what I read and probably a hell'va lot cheaper.

13. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Wow,the power of beer
    [flag] Our America is great. [flag]

Yard Dart, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

There’s a way to get them free I believe. I’ll try to get info tomorrow from a chicky at work. :D

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

glad you are ok

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yeah but chickies are better at things like that. Besides she was on the phone with her boss getting info. The dentist. Lol. It’s sooooo confusing huh? Lol. :D

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

you gotta learn how to stab yourself. :rolleyes::eek::p

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  18. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

What if I miss my leg?

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm fortunate that I have virtually no reaction to bee stings. As a toddler I was swarmed and received over a hundred stings before my parents were able to swat them away. I was told later that the docs were surprised that I survived. Been stung several times since then, it's more like being stuck with a needle than anything else after a second or two. I'm grateful that I'm not one of those who needs an epipen handy, or reacts to peanuts, etc..

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

then you take another stab at it ;D

Meat likes this.
  1. hot diggity
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. fl4848
  6. Motomom34
  7. techsar
  8. Motomom34