Being Neighborly

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Mar 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Haha. My neighbor told me “That would have taken me a week to dig up and fix!” (water line)I was watching him and believed him. Lol. He gave me a lawn mower for the help. A nice one. Another lady “just happened” to stop in front of my house to check her brakes. Metal on metal. That was easy. It’s fun though. I take pride in it. I learn a few things in the process. :D

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and ColtCarbine like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Good neighbors are better than a fence. (active defense vs passive)

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

It seems that lots of folks are friendlier, even on the road.

I had a kid (teenager with girlfriend, harmless) come blasting around a right turn blasting his horn as I was just starting into my U-turn. There's a big sign that says "Right turn yield to U-turn" on the traffic light. I stopped to give him room to get around the corner and then pulled in behind him. He had to know I was following him intentionally, as we went through several unnecessary lane changes. I was happy that we'd both catch the next light. Just as he stopped, I pulled along side, rolling my window down, already calmed down from the horn blowing. I'd intended to tell him I knew we were both in a big hurry, but we'd get there soon enough. No need for hostility. To my surprise, he immediately starts apologizing, saying he'd missed the Right turn yield sign (I guess his passenger had seen it) and he was so, so sorry for blowing his horn at me. :)

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I got new neighbors this weekend. Haven't seen anybody that looks over 25, although lots of cars came and went during the move in process. They stayed up until after 0200 Saturday talking in the back yard. Just loud enough to be annoying. I cut them a little slack because it was their moving day.

Sunday about midnight I dragged a kayak full of gear out of the garage, through the noisy gate and across the back field to the barn.
    Tonight I'll wait until about midnight to roll the trash can up to the road. I could always "forget" the police scanner on the back porch when I go to bed. Lots of sharp tones and short blasts of police and fire traffic with intermittent long silences. I've been dealing with renters on one side for 30 years, and we usually reach an agreement pretty quick. 2200 is lights out. After that should be quiet.

STANGF150, SB21, TinyDreams and 5 others like this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think they have overdosed on colloidal silver! :eek:

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

devious and brilliant!
    Your posts always make me smile.[hug}[winkthumb]

SB21, Gator 45/70, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Random Cool Tricks. Good stuff. :D

SB21, Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Prepsteader13
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Alanaana
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Coyote Ridge
  12. Coyote Ridge