BIG Announcement coming on 03.18.13!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Feb 28, 2013.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Ve haf vays off makings yu tawk! [gun]

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have read both of his books and truly enjoyed them. The last book gave quite the twist and I have thought about it often. So I look forward to what the announcement will be. Thanks for the heads up!

3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Lights Out used to be here on the site (actually, it may have been what drew me here originally), but was taken down after publication. It is available from Amazon and well worth reading.

4. kellory

I will see if I can locate a copy.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Check my sig ;)

6. melbo

We served around 1.2 million downloads of Lights Out

7. kellory

money's tight. I'll try the library first, then half price books, then ebay, ....;)

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Kellory- I requested that my local library buy a copy. Since then they have had to order more copies cause they can't keep it on the shelf and the wait list was getting long. I also bought a copy and have post-its throughout of things that need to be checked off my list.

9. kellory

I will see if they can get a book on CD. then I can have a copy on my phone to listen to.

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Oooh.. my balls just got tinglay!!

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a thought for those Folks, that do NOT need to keep a Hard Bound Paper copy of a book, after it is read. donate it to your local Library. this allows others to read, what you consider "A Good Book".... ......

12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I come from a long line of bibliophiles and parting with a book is like giving away a part of myself. I have to love you a lot to give you a book I have loved. But if you need it, you can have the shirt off my back without even having to ask.

Gunny Highway, Tracy, CATO and 5 others like this.
  13. kellory

only 47 libraries have this book across the US. one of those copies (of each book) is headed for me in the next couple of weeks. I also requested the local library purchase both books by this author for their own shelves.;) It does not appear to be available in CD form at all:(

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. Halffast

Halffast Wannabe Hack Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thank you all for the support. Melbo and the crew here is the best on the net in my opinion. I am very excited about working on this project. Travis "Black Fox" has given me final script approval and the whole crew is dedicated to staying as true to the book as possible. Please keep watching here at SM as I will make sure you all have any updates as soon as they're available.

Thanks again!

David

gunbunny and melbo like this.
  15. kellory

Sir, is the book available in CD form? I can't find it listed that way anywhere. That is my preferred form. :(

16. melbo

So far just paperback either through SM or Amazon.
    Perhaps next run will offer audio, kindle and ibooks?

17. kellory

i don't have a Kindle, I books means I have to sit still and read it, and i have things to do. CD's can be changed into MP3's then downloaded to my phone, for listening on the go. I drive from 2-5 hours each day. I make use of that time with books while I drive by way of my bluetooth. CD is much preferred.:(

18. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

M....it is available in Kindle...$7.99 at Amazon. $9.99 for Collision Course

19. melbo

doh. I knew that. :oops:

20. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

T- minus 16 days and counting...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7