BIG ONE EARTHQUAKE IS VERY CLOSE

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ladrillero, Jun 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There are a fair number of pros and cons to keeping surgical tools in your bag. A quick site search on surgical kits will point them out readily.

Brokor likes this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

As for having basic surgical tools , I believe that it is important to have them in the event it becomes absolutely necessary .I have been on rescues the paramedics have no knife or scissors, even to this day they are not permitted to carry a knife. I believe that too, one should invest in learning some skills, if possible, so that they are capable of assisting some one that knows what they are doing .
    IF the event in which some one is thrust, medical help will not be available with in a reasonable length of time or ever ,doing the best you can do beats the remaining lifetime of guilt of having done nothing or less than you might/could/should have . I KNOW what I'm talking about. We all have those woulda shoulda coulda events in life , the better one is prepared to handle it the less regret that haunts you afterword .
    Those of us who hunt and dress our own harvest are probably more suited for dealing with the surgical aspect of dealing with a mammal's innards, very different though when trying to keep some one alive.
    I don't know of any books that can teach some one the ability to over come the emotional stress of dealing with the trauma of open or internal injuries that require surgery , it would be worth the search .

Dont likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

4. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

A 5.8m on Oregon coastline its a southern effect of Last Alaska earthquake a few days ago. The seismic plates in California and Oregon are being subjected to pressure from north and south. I still think Southern California will be hit first.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

I have a friend who is a general surgeon he will show me how to stitch skin. Here in Ecuador most of serious wounds were from limb loss like hands,arms,fingers,head wounds etc. They had to wait for several days to get emergency help. I think its important to educate ourselves in emergency medical care. I'm placing for youtube video on skin stitching tutorial. Remember you will have no power, so keep solar power panels and generators handy for electricity and its better to know how to make them work so that you don't go looking for operating manual in the dark. Practice emergency drills too.

arleigh likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

There was a 7.1 in Peru a few weeks ago that seemed to start things IMO. Between the earthquakes and the volcano, it is an interesting time for those that enjoy watching earth events. We also have a Super Blue Blood moon on the 31st w/ and eclipse. I believe the moon does have something to do with earthquakes.

7. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

8. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

Will we be good Samaritans and share our last resources? A difficult choice indeed.

Zimmy likes this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I doubt it. People do not share now. Most humans expect something in return so I have little hope that during a time of crisis that people will be helping their neighbors

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I remember when hurricane Charley obliterated my neighboring town of Port Charlotte, the people helped each other rebuild and held cookouts to keep everybody fed. This was in an area where every scumbag wanted to scam you or rob you, too. Ain't it funny how a tragic event can bring everybody together? Now, I'm not saying this is something that would be repeated all over the place, but it doesn't hurt to give folks the benefit of the doubt as long as it doesn't broach operational security. I am willing to bet in colder climates, such as up north in Chicago or in the East in D.C., there won't be a lot of friendly support and neighborhood cookouts. I've found that in warmer climate regions, people tend to be more friendly. Strange how the sun can have such an affect on people.

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am told monofilament can make an effective skin stitching media in the event the best stuff is not available .
    Not fond of improvising in this matter, however but one never knows the volume an event supplies might require .
    I am told that it is also recommended that if bandage material is lacking , using the victims own clothing is recommended seeing they are accustomed to their own bacteria . better than introducing a foreign bacteria from some one else.

12. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

Hello all. I have been checking seismic activity in northern Mexico Pacific coast for the last year on a daily basis.This is an update on seismic activity close to the California peninsula. During the last two weeks it has begun to get momentum with more events per week with more intensity. Right now the movements have begun to appear on northern coast of Baja California south of Salton Sea. I am including a picture from a map of the Servicio Nacional Sismologico or Mexico Seismic Center. Green dots are category 3 and red dots are 4>5<5. From September 2017 7.2M Mexico earthquake has moved North to area close to Mexico-US border. It took 7 months to move 1200 miles. If strong movements continue we are getting close to a large earthquake. MEXICO.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah the disaster prediction app highlighted sothern California a few days ago.

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of Folks....

mysterymet and Yard Dart like this.
  15. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Gee thanks.

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Maybe it will be bad enough I will feel a tiny shake out in new Mexico.

Ganado likes this.
  17. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Will not bod well for MCRD San Diego or Camp Pendleton...

18. The_Prepared

The_Prepared Derpy Monkey

Although a common belief among preppers, the data actually shows that people do become generous after most disasters and looting/crime rates are lower than perceived. That's after "normal" disasters though, like hurricanes, and a SHTF deal would not hold true.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  19. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

These past two weeks have been intensifying again. Now we have a cluster of earthquakes. Green is less than 4 and yellow is more than 4. Will keep you informed for beginning of a swarm with increasing intensity which is the alarm bell for a an earthquake. I have been trying to find earthquake simulations in California because that is a sign the authorities know something.

mexico.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I received an alert from my Disaster app today. That part of Mexico is indicated high seismic risk.

Ganado likes this.
  1. Brokor
  2. duane
  3. DKR
  4. 3M-TA3
  5. BTPost
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Motomom34
  8. Grand58742
  9. TailorMadeHell
  10. ghostrider
  11. Clyde