BIG ONE EARTHQUAKE IS VERY CLOSE

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ladrillero, Jun 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

The first image was yesterday morning. The following was until the end of Saturday. temblor4.

techsar, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  2. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

This is today's events. A larger cluster than Saturday. Please take precautions. temblor5.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Sky is Falling... by this time next week, NOTHING. will have happened... See, I am an Earthquake Prophet, extrodanare.....

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and ghrit like this.
  4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

A disastrous earthquake is slightly more probable than a blizzard in Bali. That said an annual, monthly, weekly or daily reminder seems a bit over the top.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Ladrillero reports only on this thread so it really is not over the top or a bother. A few monkey members have disaster/earthquake apps on our phones. This thread could be considered a reminder that if something like an earthquake happens in Mexico, our fresh produce and illegals may be deterred getting across the border. The sky may not be falling but I find more of value in being informed of an earthquake swarm vs the latest meme.

techsar, Ganado, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Better to have several small earthquakes than one BIG one. Will be in San Diego next week, so this is of interest to me.

7. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I can see that there are members that want or need to have sky is falling reminders on a frequent basis. For those folks, an app is maybe useful. Saying that, I have serious doubts that anyone really concerned would join SM for disaster warnings.

So far as a deterrence goes, those living in Mexico (or anywhere else along the coasts) might be motivated (rather than deterred) to move across the border to avoid the "inevitable" shaking.

If one were to poll the SM membership, I suspect that the outcome would show frequent earthquake posts to be generally no more valuable than the memes that clutter the monkey tree grove.

As always, YMMV.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What does the colored dots signify?

oldman11 likes this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Earthquake Epicenters... The bigger the Dot the bigger the quake...

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  10. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

The reason I report on earthquakes is because i do not want other people to suffer the consequences we did o the 2016 7.8M. If I did not care to share our experiences with others, I would not bother at all.

11. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

First time seismic event in several years near Mexicali and Tijuana. temblor.

Zimmy, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

I forgot to say, LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT ME TO REPORT ON SEISMIC ACTIVITIES FOR SOUTHERN US.

Zimmy, arleigh, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Nobody is forced to read posts in this thread. If they aren't interested they can simply read something else. Thank you for your concern for the well being of others.

Capt. Tyree, Zimmy, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

post away it it much more interesting than political opinions ... at least you are posting facts ;D

15. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Don't know which is worse roof flying off the house , or falling into the house .
    Neither one is good but at least the earth quake does not carry all your stuff away. somethings are recoverable .
    I have been through several quakes , evacuated/fought a few fires , fought flood , and lots of other adventures .
    We get winds that pull shingles off the roof, it's an old roof. but quakes are mild for the most part . I chained down the propane tank and a few of my water tanks, but the trick is knowing from which direction the quake is generated .
    In the mountains the Big Bear quake ,movements were like jello according to the pilots flying over head during the event .
    One house is messed up severely and the next has only minor damage . go figure.
    Best you can do is use the best methods of anchoring available and never neglect the possibility while putting things away.

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Keep posting!!!!!!!!! I don't really know what im looking at however its interesting,Have a Great day!!!!

Zimmy, techsar, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  17. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

I read your reply. The reason one house has more damage than the next could be several. Soil kind can vary greatly from one area to another or even the house next to you. This demonstrated on the recent Indonesia earthquake. Next, if the house was designed and built taking into consideration soil type. If you live in an earthquake zone get a good structural engineer for advise. Where I live there are a lot of 6M earthquakes <sometimes once a month like right now> most houses are reinforced concrete. If they are not built right they are a death trap. My house is built over sandy soil so the shakes badly even with a 5M if its close by. We are waiting for another 6M or more to occur within hours or days. Scary as hell!

thank you gator. The colored circles on map represent seismic events. Clusters of circles in a day or several, represent intense earth plates movement which could mean an earthquake is on its way.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
    techsar, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

A great deal of my day is spent on the west side of the freeway ,which is crowded 24/7 ,and if the over passes fail that means breaking through fences and going east to get home, and fighting with all that traffic to do so. .
    Fissures can also hamper travel and show up in flat areas same as hill sides . So without the means to get the vehicle across it means traversing it all on foot ,and when your transporting some one wheel chair bound it becomes a big concern.
    So ya I think about it .

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

Today there were several 5M earthquakes on Pacific ocean ridge in front of Oregon state temblor. . Sometimes earthquake clusters of this size means there will be a bigger earthquake of around 7M close to the same area.

Zimmy, Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I kind of figured CA would slide into the ocean before Portland.:p

1. Brokor
  2. duane
  3. DKR
  4. 3M-TA3
  5. BTPost
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Motomom34
  8. Grand58742
  9. TailorMadeHell