Billionaires Now Prepping

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by 3M-TA3, Jun 14, 2017.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I think that would be the plan going into it, but then the realities would change things. I'd assume that people would only sign up if they could bring their families, then may be trapped if it's a hell hole outside their domain. In that case they would not even need to be paid as just to stay and survive would be enough and likely not much more than slaves after a bit.

2. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

LOL Great point I guess it depends how much of a Security Team or Private Army they have!

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Wasn't some one on here not that long ago saying that they installed fall out shelters for a few rich well known celebrities and that when the last warranty check was completed 2 or 3 years later that they observed the shelter had been stocked with zero preps?

So yeah, by far the most spending yealding the least preparedness.

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That simply amazes me. At least they will have a spiffy crypt.

The best preps are knowledge, skills, and abilities. Most everything else is to get you through a temporary transition and will run out or wear out. At the end of that it's down to what's between your ears and the strength of your body and soul to keep you and your loved ones going.

Dunerunner and Motomom34 like this.
  5. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Time will tell. Maybe sooner then later.

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

You might be surprised. You are offering a safe place,all the basics supplied. Payment in gold once SHTF, I'd bet many people would bite. If it were me I would have my staff beforehand full filling caretaker roles so the place was ready 24/7. Pay well, treat yer people well. I would only hire people with no family.

7. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Agree, while resembling feudal organization, it would not necessarily be identical. Presumably there would be enough people for division of labor, say like farmers, blacksmiths and something akin to samurai. Very symbiotic in all respects, with little or nothing of the master slave mentality, yet someone owns the land and has therefore some responsibility toward the inhabitants much as they own him something in return for the safety and security of a place to be.

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

money cant buy brains

Motomom34 and BTPost like this.
  9. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Georgia_Guidestones-lowres.
    Location, Location, Location. After the Yellowstone super eruption, and the rise in sea level caused by global warming, (T-he) and all the other seismic events. Guess I'll light up a Camel, sit on my arse, cause I've made it to the promised land. (Mosses be damned, Thank You FDR.)

Perhaps an explanation is required. Mosses told the Israelite's to mount their camels, pack thier shovels on their asses, and follow Him to the promised land. FDR told America to light thier camels, sit on their asses, and toss away thier shovels, they have made it to the promised land. LOL.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

And Mohammad stopped at telling his followers to mount their camels...

11. M118LR

Look at their location. We have desserts in America. But like Sam Kinison stated: We don't live in them! LOL

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Oh, not true... All those Southern Kommiefornia Folks live in a desert, but only because they pipe in All the water, they stole from the Northern Kommiefornia Folks A century ago....But if. A person has Brain One, in his/her Head, they move out of places like that and go where water, (Life) is plentiful... and energy grows on trees, If you get that, the rest is easy....

3M-TA3, Tully Mars and Mountainman like this.
  13. M118LR

About that easy? How many billions can you piss away being wrong? Ain't a sole going to question what you spent being right. JMHO.

14. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

So, they mounted goats instead.

Brokor, oil pan 4, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Only when the camels got too fast for them to catch...

16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

There are significant wells in the desert ,it's knowing where they are and how to access them , like any other well.
    There are also artesian wells ,no digging required .
    I know a few wells in the desert ,and it is in aquifers way down below the desert floor.
    When the grid goes down water from northern California and the Colorado river will cease thus bringing the state to it's knees.
    That and desalinization plants will have shut down along the coast.
    I guarantee you that any one with money has already secured their portion under ground,, and above ground are manipulating things politically to secure their little heaven. It is the way of the rich to manipulate government to protect their own agendas.

Tully Mars likes this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Maybe @ED GEiN would do well to consider this, in his SHTF Senerio..... Grid Down for a couple of months, in the SUMMER, in Kommiefornia.... What is he going to do for WATER, with NO Grid to keep those MILLIONS of Folks supplied, that live in a DESERT....

3M-TA3 likes this.
  18. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

And living in an apartment as well ---

19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Search for DUMBS (deep underground military bases) and HPSF (high point special facility) and you will find everything from historical data to engineering information and personal accounts, to wild and crazy alien conspiracy theories, and end of the world scenarios, but all of this is centered around secret government with its untold trillions of dollars and the very fact that these places really do exist. Some of these facilities are extremely well secured, some are concealed very well, and some can be placed within the "myth" category, and it's not just the USA, it's every major nation. Some of these facilities span huge areas and are built very deep, large enough to be city sized themselves. After you research long enough, you might find information about the tunneling equipment and the hypothesized railway systems developed. They've been making these massive bunkers longer than many of us have been alive, and a few even longer still. The largest pickup in the making of these facilities came after World War II, when Nazi Germany had made some impressive underground facilities which served to protect much of their infrastructure from allied bombings. Also, some of the lesser improved upon facilities have long been abandoned in America, but many are still in operation and more are being built every day.

And none of this has anything to do with the billionaires who buy in to some luxury doomsday vault gimmick.

Yard Dart and Dunerunner like this.
  1. Thunder5Ranch
  2. john316
  3. Motomom34
  4. T. Riley
  5. HK_User
  6. Motomom34
  7. hot diggity
  8. DarkLight
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Zimmy