Binoculars Are they Necessary for Bugout & If So Is this Light Compact Model Sufficient?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Nov 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

My ARs use the same concept -

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Vortex makes a nice monocular with MRAD reticle for not too much money. 8x and good glass.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Whats out there for lets say NV capabilities for those walking in the dark?

Thunder5Ranch and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Viewing the areas I mast pass getting home from either direction I bought a spotting scope.
    Planes hunters and those needing the details of things far away find them most practical .
    I have small monoculars and little scopes for camera applications for you phone , and they are OK for 100 yards or so , but real detail is best observed with a spotting scope. Generally they are used for reading the target at long distances .
    Monoculars do not have the range of a spotting scope though the area they absorb in the pack is about the same.
    It is advised that one have a tripod for it being that one has such distant range.
    The other advantage is the large optics letting more light in for dim lighted events that and star gazing.

I have night vision optics but they are very limited in range and cannot be used during the day or in bright light.
    Their range of view largely depend on the infrared light it shines on the subject.
    Good for the yard and hunting in close quarters but not for long distance. IMO.
    My binoculars get rarely used since I had experienced the strength of the spotting scope.
    Only one other thing might be more appealing is a camera that provides both optic and electronic zoom capabilities .
    My son has one I am envious of . when he took pictures of the moon he could focus on particular areas of the moon as though he were only a few miles away. Of course this would be lost in and EMP.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7