Black Sky Event

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by apache235, Jan 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

If the your cell has no signal at all, or is just dead. No traffic noises, no aircraft. Large plumes of smoke coming from the area of any nearby cities. If home or at work I'd see if anything at all was functional. In a modern office/manufacturing building the emergency lighting devices will probably work, but nothing else. In an EMP or CME, anything with semiconductors will probably die, especially if they are plugged into shore power or have an antenna. Most emergency diesel gensets won't work either - the controller will get zorched.
    So it will be "it depends" - if any semiconductor based devices are healthy, it will probably be relatively short term. If not - plan for the worst.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I wonder how badly all things with chips would be fried. Red dots, LED flashlights, electronic locks on gun safes, electronic watches, night vision equipment and so on. I've heard from some that some of the newer cars are pretty well shielded and might run, I guess it boils down to nobody knows for sure and the size of the EMP. Run of the mill, we might skate, a super EMP would be worse. I don't think Iran has the ability - yet, NoKorea, China, Russia - for sure.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

North Korea does NOT have Hydrogen Bombs yet, so NO SuperEMP’s can come from them...

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  4. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Seems to me they detonated one last year, maybe 2017 with a yield of 160 KT, at least the news that I saw said it had the double whump of a hydrogen bomb and 160 KT would be about right for a super EMP, but for those that know more than I, please chime in (that would be most everybody).

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  1. DKR
  2. Waydah
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. The_Prepared
  5. Ganado
  6. scpn
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Lancer
  11. Lancer
    Resource

EMP theory 2018-04-11

Stumbled across this while looking for old schematics.
    Posted By: Lancer, Apr 11, 2018 in category: Communications
  12. 3M-TA3
  13. arleigh
  14. Witch Doctor 01
  15. T. Riley
  16. Yard Dart
  17. Dusty308
  18. Motomom34
  19. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7