BOB/Car emergency weapon opinions

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Ajax, Aug 3, 2012.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I carry a pistol on my person at all times. My two cars have an AR 7 explorer in the back with 375 rounds in a box. My PU has a Savage 22 over 20 gage survival rifle under the back seat. a mixed box of shotgun shells and a box of 22.

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

No firearms in the vehicle ... if i am going somewhere where i might need something other than a personal carry... i probably shouldn't be going there in the first place... if i'm traveling and want a little something i have single shot winchester model 37 with a 18 1/2 inch barrel and a 44 mag adapter.... if i'm bugging out anything i have can go...

3. Wanderer

Wanderer Monkey++

I regularly carry a shrouded, five shot .357 with a 2" barrel, usually in a pocket holster and the thing is pretty much invisible. My wife can't detect it even when she knows I'm carrying. Much easier to conceal than my 1911.

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I will never leave a weapon in a car, but for travel, I am interested in a .410 pump with synthetic stocks as a trunk gun. I intend to split the butt pad diagonally, to access to the hollow without tools. Some Ariel flares, a clip on ball compass, emergency blanket and flint and steel, should fit inside, an ammo bag on the shoulder sling, with mixed loads, shout do the rest. i have a .38 Ruger revolver to get to the trunk.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I keep a FEG folder in the vehicle.

6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

I run a small housemoving business and travel roughly in a 50 mile radius. I keep an "M" style SKS behind the seat w/two extra mags and a few AP rds in one. If going far the M1A case gets loaded also with similar round count. Same with the carry-usually a Mak or Sig 232 380 but if going far or into a "rough" area I toss in a 1911 w/two mags and an extra 50 rds. If all this seems paranoid---you got it. I intend on getting back home no matter what comes down the road--or gets in the way.

Dawg23 and oldawg like this.
  7. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

USFA ZiP- ZiP Factory The Future of Fun. Operators Welcome!

It will be interesting when this thing is on the market. Yeah, it's only a .22lr, but it uses 10-22 magazines- 30 rounds- and is really small. The suggested retail is $200, so you should be able to find one (someday, when they are actually available for sale) for quite a bit less.

8. kellory

Interesting, but the grip does not look like it would be comfortable to fire.

9. RedRooster

RedRooster Monkey+

Something a wise old man taught me a long time ago.... "If it's not on you or near you, it's worthless!"

10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

But it is very tactical looking. ;)

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm looking at the loading and restrike reset op rods and saying to myself. I wonder how many fingers are going to get shot off before they redesign or go out of business due to lawsuits.

Interesting design non the less.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Not at all sure what pairing a 22LR with an MBR/AR action of any flavor would work in the field. Maybe in 38 or 45 for cqb. As a standalone, it might be a fun way to bust cans at short range, dunno.

13. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I guess I posted this on the wrong thread, I wouldn't want to rely on a .22lr for life or death situations. I just liked the uniqueness, the size, and the fun factor. I overlook the "operators welcome" stuff and am just looking at the potential of the firearm. A bullpup pistol that is very unique and small, plus hi-capacity to boot. Looks like a lot of fun.

Even though the barrel looks short and stubby, its actually 5 1/4" long. The POTENTIAL for accuracy is there, compactness, standard magazines of all capacities, lightweight, and packable. In all due respects, it may be a good survival arm.

14. kellory

I can see a niche for it as a pack carried emergency type weapon. The self-storing survival rifles I have seen all seem to be .22's, but an ounce or two more plastic, could give it a full size grip, and be safer to use. Another question though, if broken down, would it pass at the airport scanners? That could be a real problem. I've seen a two shot plastic gun that had only springs, and firing pins that would show up on a scanner.

15. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Picked up the latest issue of Shotgun News last night--the first 20 or so pages are of AR "platforms" and all the "tacticool" crap you can get. Then there are a couple articles on old milsup rifles---there is a marked difference in their appearance.

16. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

They're searching for what doesn't exist, a magical edge.

17. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Rifles have been romanticized to the max. Unbelievable what some hang on their shooters. Have always been of the belief of K.I.S.S. Will admit to having a pressure switch light on the M-4 but it was on there when I bought it. Do have extra mags clamped together and an "M" mag for it. Guess I got caught up in some of the chase also.

18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Oh but there is a magical edge. M203 with accompanying 40MM HEDP Rounds. That would be the only thing I'd hang on my AR platform. :D

19. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I was thinking my son's "A" team...

20. kellory

weelll, that might be a magical edge , but for a hunting rifle, it kinda defeats the purpose.

1. Yard Dart
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Bishop
  4. Tully Mars
  5. Motomom34
  6. AndyinEverson
  7. GOG
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. Asia-Off-Grid
  15. Ganado
    Resource

CARD THROWING 2018-06-28

Card Throwing, alternative weapon training [MEDIA]
    Posted By: Ganado, Jun 28, 2018 in category: Weaponry & Tactics
  16. hank2222
  17. Yard Dart