BOB recommendations

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by lytefall, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

What would I consider them is a very good question....

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'd be looking to see what might be concealed. I'd also be looking to see how alert the parents were.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If they were smarter, they would grab a kid (silently) when arrange a swap of gear/food/weapons for kids. Parents are much more controllable when their family is separated. Personally, I have no mercy for someone who would hurt my kids. evil.

Dawg23 likes this.
  4. misha2point5

misha2point5 Fixer of Marines

If your concern is blending in and not drawing attention in an urban setting, have you given any thought to a rolling suitcase? A backpack wouldn't get a second glance in the backcountry, but it stands out in the city. The reverse is true with a suitcase, even in smaller cities with regional airports and modest downtown business districts.

KAS likes this.
  5. lytefall

lytefall Monkey

Thanks for the reply. I had read that recommendation somewhere else as well. The city I live in is only about 8 miles from one side to the other surrounded by 30 miles in any direction by farm and bush. I think my most likely scenario if I need to actually leave my home would put me in hilly/rough terrain to be using a rolling suitcase.

Appreciate the suggestion though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Tully Mars
  3. Motomom34
  4. GOG
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  7. DarkLight
  8. Thunder5Ranch
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Imasham
  11. Motomom34
  12. ED GEiN
  13. AxesAreBetter
  14. medicineman
  15. Motomom34
  16. Yard Dart
  17. ED GEiN
  18. GhostX