Bonus use for rice

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by monkeyman, Mar 31, 2006.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I went out the other day to shoot one of the birds to have that night for supper and found out that my .22 had aparently been bumped around and got the sights knocked off target so had to go zero it back in. My sand bag (which was a pantleg filled with corn and sewed shut) had been ripped and dumped so went looking for a good substitute for a sand sock and found a bag of rice. It worked great and reminded me that this could be a nice bonus to having a bag of rice in a BOB. If I needed to do any percise shooting then could lay the rifle along a solid limb, the hood of a vehicle, rocks or whatever and set the bag of rice under the foregrip then just squeeze it around a little to get right on target and help out a lot for any long range or high precision shots. It dosnt weigh much or take a lot of space and then if needed could also be cooked up for a meal.

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Even before the BOB, another good use is to heat the rice bag in the micro for a few minutes and use it as a heat wrap for sore spots on the body.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Rice, it's not just for the VC.

4. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Another idea, will birds eat rice. If you put some on the ground where they would see it and wait for some meat to fly in.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Works for a sandbag rest for sighting in, also. :lol:

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Rice wine> [boozingbuddies]

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Just saw this...

so mm, did you first shoot a leg off and then the beak off that poor chicken? :lol:
    Blackened bird face and you cursing your sights.....

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Actualy missed it the first time and the second one broke its neck rather than hitting it in the head.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7