BOOTS : All Things Boot Related Thread

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Brokor, Apr 9, 2013.

1. wastelander

wastelander Bad English, bare with me

I use a pair of German surplus boots, not the 2002-model but the classical one. I got them because my commander in the army used them and he said they were propably the best boots in the entire world. Well, I haven't tried all boots in the world so I wouldn't know.

Around here in the warmer months (the non-frozen months) it gets wet. Very wet. And then I use a pair of Treton rubber boots. With a pair of home-knitted woolen socks from mum they are the comfiest ones I know, fits my feet great. Otherwise I'll just wear sneakers or walk bare feet I must admit. Knee-deep salt-water does not do miracles to any fabric or leather I know of and cheap sneakers can be bought for a few $ and feet and socks can be washed :) All boots have a weak spot the way I see it, you need to put your feet in them and they therefor need atleast one hole and that hole is hard to seal from water without strangling your blood (I see how gramatically messed up that sentence is but I cant think of a better one, please do help). My oldest got a pair of Crocs Off-Road this spring and in my mind, wich is a very desolate and lonely place according to some, Crocs got a point in letting water in AND out with big holes everywhere, with bare feet in those crocs he has been with me in the roughest terrain without a complaint, wich is something my son is somewhat of an expert in (complaining). Offcourse, they are somewhat useless when temperatures go sub zero.

I would say the Crocs is an amazing value summer hunting or general outdoors option and for the $, wow. Amazons got them!

Ganado and GOG like this.
  2. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i have found crocks a great way to break your neck but thats just my opinion ...]\
    I loved them till i slipped a few times in them ...
    Also for some reason i could only were them with socks!!!!

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Great thread on boots and Monkey reviews on the boots they like. I have tried on many boots but as @Brokor says-

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

My quest for the ultimate shoes to make @Seacowboys say "WTF melbo?" is over...
    Composite safety toe Ninja boots! :) Just ordered a pair of Marugo Jikatabi boots from Japan.
    Marugo Magic Safety Jikatabi
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Hanzo and kellory like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

safety toes.... hmmm. Did you get corp. to pay for them so you would have proper ninja wear to scale the towers?

Tully Mars likes this.
  6. melbo

Of course. I pay for nothing :)

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That's actually a very good price for working boots with a safety toe.:)

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Looks like a hoof. I have never seen anything like these.

Tully Mars likes this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Let me know how they fit, comfort wise. Might want a pair myself;)

10. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

please let us know what your company / safety man thinks of them ...
    personaly it dont matter to me what anyone weres on there feet but i like to know what some companies will let go ...

11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

:lol: Cow Ninjas...

Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

It makes my big toe hurt just looking at it. I don't like stuff between my toes

13. melbo

Then you'd probably hate these (not BOOTS, sorry B):
    image.
    image.

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

O.O. I've never seen those with that thick of a sole. I have yoga grip shoes like that but they aren't for out doors

15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Hobbit feet? I'll stick to my ropers;)

16. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I love my irish setter elk hunters, been through two pairs in five or so years. Best boot for working in the winter

Ganado and Rocky Road Lerp like this.
  17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Picture?

Just do what ditch_witch does and for a selfish of your shoes :)

18. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

You would have to see them in person. I recently threw my I-touch against the wall, it no longer works.

Ganado likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Those would confuse most Trackers, there @melbo ...... Vibram Soles with Toe Prints.... They might think you we a BIG FOOT....

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I keep thinking of "rusty nail" every time I see these five-toe grippy ninja shoes. Ouch!

Ganado likes this.
  1. RouteClearance
  2. OlDiceGames
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Prepsteader13
  8. Alanaana
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Alanaana
  11. Dunerunner