BOOTS : All Things Boot Related Thread

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Brokor, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I'm not Emlda Marcos but I do have a few pares of boots here. My favorite are Timberland.

chelloveck, wideym and HK_User like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Tricker's of England is just not my style.
    Now if they were hand made on a custom made last that would be different.
    Just a hop skip and a jump form me.

Welcome to Kimmel Boot Company Custom Handmade Boots
    CNC last made for each foot.
    About a 6 month wait time and any color or leather type you like.

A good choice and style for a working boot is below.

Black Dyed Bull hide
    leather for its toughness and ability to be buffed up a bit for a trip to town.

With a 1 1/2 heel. to keep the main boot out of the muck,

Spur shelf for the ability to hook it under an opposing boot and get it off without having your hand all stinky from walking in muck.

A good year sole type of your choice, a heavy duty lugged variety if doing a lot of walking as would a mule skinner in the rough country.

12 inch narrow shaft and a butter fly top. Butter fly top provides better breathing of the boot.

Ranch brand sewn into the shaft and double pull tabs. Just in case you wake up in jail and need to prove your affiliation in the county.

Fully rebuildable and hand built on site in Comanche, Texas.

Call for an appointment to have your last made and pick the style, colors and leather.

So unless it's a Dancin' Boot you'll see there is more than ego that goes into a Real Western Boot.

Buy a set, you will never regret the small $$$ change for a 30 year boot. Don't forget that arch support and such things as bunions come into play.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    chelloveck, Ganado and Brokor like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

That's what bespoke is, they do that, too. Only thing is it starts at around $3000.00
    I have to say that these fit very nicely. Also, the link to Thursday Boots I added is a good one, and for an American company their boots are quite impressive.

Gator 45/70, Ganado and HK_User like this.
  4. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

When I arrived to my first unit in Alaska in 89, the issue cold weather boots were crap and on the suggestion of my section sergeant I bought a pair of Danners. I used them up until three years ago. I had bought the lifetime warranty at the time, they refused to honor it since I couldn't come up with a sales receipt. I did get 27 years of use out of them although the last couple of years they didn't get used much due to no longer being moisture proof. I do love my Matterhorn boots I was issued in 98' before I went to Korea. I had those re-soled by a local cobbler a few years ago (he couldn't help my Danners though).

chelloveck, Gator 45/70 and Brokor like this.
  5. Brokor

DSC00104.JPG
    I dyed the edges, they look better this way. It's so nice owning a pair of well fitted boots, and they look quite nice now.
    The Dainite sole is good for traction and feels nice, and even though there's not much shock absorption, I can always tuck a pair of insoles inside and be more cozy. I haven't tried this yet, the size of the boots allows for a little wiggle room and should be fine.

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Brokor

DSC00111.JPG
    THURSDAY BOOTS, The Captain (Black)
    Fit and finish, excellent. Comfort is top notch, fast break-in time (practically minutes). Resilient leather, padded insole, a soft liner, and good design. Goodyear welted, can be easily re-crafted. American company, boots made in Mexico, leather sourced from U.S.. Cost: $199.00

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. HK_User

Ya think Chell might like a pair too?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Gator 45/70 and Brokor like this.
  8. Brokor

I think @chelloveck prefers the slip on variety, but those are great, too. I love my slip-ons. :)

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. HK_User

Well bless his heart, I would have thought chell was a Combat Boot Guy.

Gator 45/70 and Brokor like this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Regards to boot preferences, I have different preferences for different occasions.

I have no prejudice against lace up boots, having worn them exclusively in the green machine. The boots that Brokor has featured look stylish and comfortable.

For everyday wear I usually wear Blundstone elastic sided boots, wearing steel cap safety boots when OH&S considerations requires it, or non steel cap boots for most any other occasion. [​IMG] or something a little more dressy when less informal is the go....[​IMG]

For hiking, patrolling or other long distance scrub bashing I usually wear...combat boots.
    [​IMG]

When I was with the NSW Rural Fire Service, I wore lace up boots with a zip fastener....It made turnout dressing much quicker!

[​IMG]

and if attending the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras I would wear pride boots ;)

[​IMG] lace ups of course! :LOL:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Ganado, Tully Mars, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hahahaha, Chello's a man of many boots!!!

Ganado likes this.
  1. RouteClearance
  2. OlDiceGames
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Prepsteader13
  8. Alanaana
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Alanaana
  11. Dunerunner